Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you want to see from Oscar's team that is different from Gus's?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If a clear sight of goal opens up, shoot.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
A plan B!!! The ability to change styles if the style we are playing is not working.

Although we've lost two out of two, I'm happy with what I've seen so far.

Desperate need of another striker, Barnes for all his effort and heart, just needs to many chances to score, and the obvious left back, but other than that, I think we are good.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We need some kind of alternative tactics to deploy.. Poyet was just of the mindset of "we will do what we always do and let them have to cope with our formation so we don't have to worry about theirs", which didn't always pay dividends.

I have no idea if that made sense. But yeah, we need a plan B.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Keep doing what we are doing. Try to develop or bring in players who have the ability to change the pace of the passing suddenly.
Take any workings for a plan B and burn them. It is plan B for a reason, if A does not work how will the inferior plan B work? Just learn plan A better.

Gus, is that you?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Take any workings for a plan B and burn them. It is plan B for a reason, if A does not work how will the inferior plan B work? Just learn plan A better.
WOW! Really? You serious?

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
An end to the trend of conceding last minute goals would be rather nice.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
WOW! Really? You serious?
He's no less serious than you. "Plan B" FFS. :nono:

Firstly, it is a total myth that Gus didn't change things around when required. He used to regularly make 2 or 3 tactical substitutions at the 70 minute mark. It often didn't work, because as has been pointed out, it was inferior plan to "Plan A".

Secondly, when people say "Plan B" what they really mean is "lump it forward", which is a completely SHìT idea unless you're into the last 20 seconds of the match.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Firstly, it is a total myth that Gus didn't change things around when required. He used to regularly make 2 or 3 tactical substitutions at the 70 minute mark. It often didn't work, because as has been pointed out, it was inferior plan to "Plan A".

Secondly, when people say "Plan B" what they really mean is "lump it forward", which is a completely SHìT idea unless you're into the last 20 seconds of the match.

I have to bow to your superior knowledge and experience, but please tell me what are we supposed to do if the tactics and team selection are not working and a team has clearly done their homework and is stopping us from playing to our plan A?

And I am NOT suggesting that we lump it forward. Can we afford to wait until the 70th minute to make changes?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
A plan B!!! The ability to change styles if the style we are playing is not working.

Although we've lost two out of two, I'm happy with what I've seen so far.

Desperate need of another striker, Barnes for all his effort and heart, just needs to many chances to score, and the obvious left back, but other than that, I think we are good.

I find myself very strangely agreeing with you, Barnes will come good soon

Gus, is that you?

:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You mean like the play off semi final? Keep the ball make few chances and lose because the other team find it easy to play against us, having faced exactly those tactics a few days previously, and have a match winner in their side who hit form on the night? So Plan B, playing like we did on St Patrick's day, which could have put them under pressure, perhaps exposing ourselves a bit more would have been worse than Plan A? Or even a shit plan? Granted it was probably too late to change by the time the 1st goal went in, but we could have at least tried a plan b

There is always more than one way to play, the players just have to be coached into knowing how to do it I suggest.

The Hull away game last season was a game where we tried to release CMS with long balls and it came so close to working. Most of the time we played keep ball but occasionally went long very quickly. I was disappointed Gus didn't persevere with that tactic.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here