Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Brom away

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Would have been the reward for dispatching Newport County in the League Cup 1st Round.

Hugely dissapointing we've missed out, trip to a PL club for our supporters and a potentially money spinning tie at a well supported club.

:nono:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
On the flip side, we don't have to travel up to the Midlands midweek and play three games in a week

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
i dont think the draw works like that,
ie we would have been a different number to newport,
please correct me if im wrong about this

Last edited:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Agreed. I believe we would have been 'seeded' and therefore would have played a non seeded team. Still couldn't get that excited about playing West Brom, anyway.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, there's no telling who we would be playing. It's basic chaos theory. Like Ian Malcolm describes in Jurassic Park.

We'd have drawn Barnsley away if we'd been in it. That's basic Sod's Law.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would have loved that - despite being fairly local, I have never been to the Hawthorns.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I went to the Hawthorns last season, a printhouse I use took me along as a guest, great stadium and iit really does make some noise, would love us to play away there at some point soon.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I would have loved that - despite being fairly local, I have never been to the Hawthorns.

It's a magnificent arena, you must go and do the stadium tour if you can.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If we'd gone through we'd have been number 4 on the seeded half of the draw. Leeds would have become an unseeded side. Assuming that in this alternative reality everything else stayed the same with the order the balls were drawn in we'd have had a home tie against Preston to look forward to.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If we'd gone through we'd have been number 4 on the seeded half of the draw. Leeds would have become an unseeded side. Assuming that in this alternative reality everything else stayed the same with the order the balls were drawn in we'd have had a home tie against Preston to look forward to.

A winnable home game against a side steeped in history and tradition, would have been a great night under the Amex floodlights.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

You are entirely correct. The numbered ball allocated to Newport, would not necessarilly have been the same allocated to us.
The 'same number' route only happens when draws are made for more than one round at a time.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
0.jpg

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
No one really cares about the League Cup anymore do they?
Let`s face it there were only 8000 of us there on Tuesday even at heavily reduced prices.
I for one am quite glad we are out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here