Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd hungry to push for place [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]El-Abd hungry to push for place[/h]11:30am Tuesday 6th August 2013 in Sport By Andy Naylor
2574132.jpg
Adam El-Abd was on the bench at Leeds
Adam*El-Abd wants to keep Albion’s first choice central defenders Gordon Greer and Matt Upson on their toes ahead of his international comeback with Egypt.
Long-serving El-Abd was an unused substitute for Oscar Garcia’s first match as head coach at Leeds United on Saturday.
The Brighton-born stopper said: “I was naturally disappointed, because you obviously want to play. I kind of expected it, because at the back end of last season the boys did exceptionally well.
“I was kind of expecting he would go with that pairing. All I can do is control the controllables, train well and when I get a chance to perform on the pitch do my best.”
El-Abd, below, could feature against Newport County at The Amex tonight before flying to Cairo on Sunday after Saturday’s home game against Derby County for World Cup-bound Egypt’s friendly against Uganda next week.
A minor knee injury sidelined El-Abd from international duty at the end of last season. Uganda have replaced Mali as Egypt’s opponents for the game at home on August 14 which will be held at El Gouna, Hurghada.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here