Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion will appeal against Calderon's red card [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Albion will appeal against Calderon's red card[/h]9:00am Wednesday 7th August 2013 in Sport By Andy Naylor
2575847.jpg
Inigo Calderon is sent off last night
ALBION are mounting an appeal against Inigo Calderon’s red card in last night’s Capital One Cup exit against Newport County at The Amex.
Heach coach Oscar Garcia defended Calderon’s second-half challenge on Byron Anthony which left the Newport defender with a suspected double leg break.
Oscar said: “I am sorry for him, because it’s a bad injury, but I know Calde. He went for the ball. It was a 50-50 challenge and it was unlucky for the Newport player but we have seen the video and we can see the action of Calde was legal.
“I am not sure if the referee really saw the action or it was the fourth official or the linesman but we could see from the video Calde went in with his foot down, not up. He didn’t want to injure the player and he explained to their bench he didn’t want to injure anybody.”
Asked if Albion will appeal, Oscar confirmed: “Yes, because I think the action on the video is very clear.”
Calderon’s dismissal was the turning point as Newport, 1-0 down at that stage, won 3-1 after-extra-time.
Oscar also blamed wasteful finishing for Albion’s exit. He said: “We had many chances to win the game but we didn’t score. “We had ten chances and scored one, they had three or four and scored three.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here