Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Murray starts Talksport on Monday 10-1

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Did you enjoy listening to Murray on Fighting Talk or didn't rate him?

The BBC apologised last month when a live version of Fighting Talk included a satirical section called Defend the Indefensible in which comic Bob Mills was asked to justify the argument: 'Give me 20 minutes with her and I’m pretty sure I could turn around Clare Balding.'

The section, in which Mills described Balding as a 'horse woman' who 'appreciates power between her thighs', was cut from the iPlayer version of the show and a BBC spokeswoman admitted they had 'got it wrong' and it was 'inappropriate'.

Murray.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I really like Colin Murray, and listen to Fighting Talk regularly. Never the same when someone else hosts it, I don't always bother listening when it's Nick Hancock.

Getting the 10-1 slot on Talkshite eh? Where are Keys and Gray going then?

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I don't 'dislike' him but he can be very irritating to say the least, the way he tries to be 'one of the guys' all the time and when he starts screeching! I'm really glad we're getting less of him on BBC TV and Radio. The only problem is that the less Murray you get the more Chappers you get, either are ok in small doses but sometimes you just can't get away from them.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Talksport must have their worst line up of presenters now since the station started

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Fighting Talk is fantastic, as was his Radio 1 show.... but Murray seemed to lose the plot on MOTD2. He became too obsessed with "banter" at the expense of content, and was a bit of an arse-licker to some of his guests. I like Murray though - perhaps radio is the right medium for him.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Did you enjoy listening to Murray on Fighting Talk or didn't rate him?

The BBC apologised last month when a live version of Fighting Talk included a satirical section called Defend the Indefensible in which comic Bob Mills was asked to justify the argument: 'Give me 20 minutes with her and I’m pretty sure I could turn around Clare Balding.'

The section, in which Mills described Balding as a 'horse woman' who 'appreciates power between her thighs', was cut from the iPlayer version of the show and a BBC spokeswoman admitted they had 'got it wrong' and it was 'inappropriate'.

View attachment 45751

I quite like Murray. The complaints about 'defend the indefensible' are comedy gold really. Complain about it and you really have missed the point.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought Murray was above Talkshite. Shame.
I thought he was a BBC man, too.
Then it occurred to me the last lot of Pro Beeb eulogising must have been around contract time.

At TalkSpite I'll never hear him, c'est la vie.

BBC had better be keeping Fighting Talk.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
I thought he was a BBC man, too.
Then it occurred to me the last lot of Pro Beeb eulogising must have been around contract time.

At TalkSpite I'll never hear him, c'est la vie.

BBC had better be keeping Fighting Talk.

Yeah, Fighting Talk continues.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Another reason not listen to Talk Sport.

Can't stand Murray's voice. I did try listening to Fighting Talk but that constant dinging of the f-ing bell drove me nuts.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can't stand him as a presenter on radio or TV. Have never understood why he was seen as such a golden boy at the BBC (and he was, at least until recently). It's just dumbed down nonsense, and the bloke is nowhere near as hilarious as he clearly feels he is. Therefore he will be a huge hit on talkSPORT.

I think any sports presenter who thinks it is all about them, rather than the sports stars they are covering, ends up looking like a dickhead.

I remember a couple of years ago Jonathan Liew in the Telegraph wrote a particularly scathing assessment of Murray which I loved but probably went very slightly too far on a couple of key words (like 'incompetent'). Murray took huge exception and threatened legal action, and the article was pulled off the web site. Sadly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here