Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enough of this irritant in wild park

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
sorry if fixtures but why o why are these travellers allowed to come back and park there caravans in our lovely park time and time again ? why isnt anything put up so they cant get there caravans accross the grass verge etc there must be a way , these people really irritate me , instead of wasting our money on stupid road projects ( that make things worse ) and cycle lane traffic lights ( can you believe it ) better money would be spent tackling this problem ! :flameboun

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Probably best to post this on another teams forum from up the road and ask them why they have to keep setting up home near our lovely stadium.

sorry if fixtures but why o why are these travellers allowed to come back and park there caravans in our lovely park time and time again ? why isnt anything put up so they cant get there caravans accross the grass verge etc there must be a way , these people really irritate me , instead of wasting our money on stupid road projects ( that make things worse ) and cycle lane traffic lights ( can you believe it ) better money would be spent tackling this problem ! :flameboun

Stamner park is suffering,walked the dog there Tuesday and went for a cuppa at the tea rooms,customers were getting hassled by the delightful travelling children who were asking for money to leave customers alone,the toilets had to locked up because they kept getting trashed.Diversity in all its glory:facepalm: The council are in the process of mucking up the only unspoilt area in the city but there wonderful questionnaire never touched on the scourge of the park:facepalm:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's a shame to see Wild Park so churned up but it's not going to be easy to stop. The whole point of Wild Park is that it's a big expanse, if you erect walls and security gates around it, it's going to a) cost a fortune and b) spoil the view.I'd rather keep it as it is and accept that, from time to time, it's going to get messed up: the alternative is worse

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Stamner park is suffering,walked the dog there Tuesday and went for a cuppa at the tea rooms,customers were getting hassled by the delightful travelling children who were asking for money to leave customers alone,the toilets had to locked up because they kept getting trashed.Diversity in all its glory:facepalm: The council are in the process of mucking up the only unspoilt area in the city but there wonderful questionnaire never touched on the scourge of the park:facepalm:
Went to Stanmer Park yesterday and thankfully they have gone, but a clean up operation was going on as there was loads of rubbish and some gas canisters left behind.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
So if I decide to park there on Saturday and walk to the ground my car will probably towed away, perhaps I should buy a caravan then I could park in the field outside the ground on matchdays and avoid the queues home.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Talking about travellers, how do the people who park their " homes" on the seafront by king Alfred get away with it? If you park along the seafront and are over your time, the Gestapo jump all over you and you get a fine...but their vehicles( an only transit or two, a ex ambulance, a mobile library, etc) are parked there for hours and they do not appear to have been clamped or ticketed?

So is it another one of them...if you break the law the council turn a blind eye as they are looking after the disparates of society?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
So is it another one of them...if you break the law the council turn a blind eye as they are looking after the disparates of society?

Two things to consider here:
a) no fixed abode [where do you send the fine / summons to?]
b) never sue a man of straw [yes I'm sure these traveler folk do have money, but because of a), you'll never get to it]

Best you can ever hope for is to move them on quickly and peacefully - preventing return is also wise.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Mark out a few plots and make it a campsite if that is what they want. Then the council can at least make some money from them.

Massively this. Charge them a fee for the location, and get them to sign a contract which advises that their homes will be removed/set on fire/bulldozered if they don't pay.

What is odd about Wild Park is that the Council have recently done some work to improve the boundary wall and bunding that borders the Lewes Road cycle lane. It's a mystery to me why they haven't improved security generally around the site.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
It's the same lot every year, the head of the families is well known to the local Irish community apparently. Had a drink with him in the Lectern last year, he's actually not a bad bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here