Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand last night

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Not seen it mentioned elsewhere yet. Did anyone notice that idiot who on leaving early last night and having presumably had his support questioned by another supporter decided to kick off? I say kick off, it was more hand bags really. Stewards slow to react but I think they eventually slung him out.

Don't get it, right under the nose of the control room as well.

Ban definitely coming his way.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I saw this from WSL, just a bit of mouthing off really. Was there an ejection in the end? Either way it looked like the stewards handled it sensibly.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Made me laugh at the amount of plastics there on Tuesday who thought it had gone to a replay so left at full time

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not seen it mentioned elsewhere yet. Did anyone notice that idiot who on leaving early last night and having presumably had his support questioned by another supporter decided to kick off? I say kick off, it was more hand bags really. Stewards slow to react but I think they eventually slung him out.

I went in the North against Leicester last season and noticed it all most kicked off for the same thing all a bit pathetic.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Made me laugh at the amount of plastics there on Tuesday who thought it had gone to a replay so left at full time

Not so much plastics near me, as tourists, really weird. I think we need to go back to bench seats as the soft padding seems to attract a certain type.

Oct 25, 2003

yep loved that as well, although it did mean my girlfriend (3rd football game ever) constantly questioned why we were staying when 'everyone else got to leave'

our performance in extra time made it harder and harder to justify my decision

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea

I saw that, as I was in the north on Tuesday, don't think the Stewards ejected as he was leaving anyway! A couple of occasions the two male supervisors went in to the crowd to speak to people, seems like they like to hear everyone's side of things before reacting to anything now?

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton
The attitude of some people on here towards people willing to pay to see Brighton play against Newport astounds me. Calling tourists, non-regulars and people leaving early "plastics"? I forgot that the game was a sell-out and all 30,000 of us true blue-and-white loyal fans had packed the place to the rafters. Ahem. At least they found the idea of the game enjoyable enough to turn up, leaving early or not.

D

Deleted member 22389

I actually made the mistake of leaving at full time. For some reason I thought we where going for a replay at their place. They then announced extra time so I tip toed back to my seat :lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Plastics? I left at FT because the game was crap and so went to the pub with my mate. I was also at Leeds on Saturday having flown in from Kuala Lumpur at 7 in the morning, dropped luggage off at Victoria and then went straight to the game from there.

If I want to leave early that's my choice. Insult me for that if you want but at the very least get the insults right.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
It happened quite near me, I thought the stewards handled it extremely well

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
yep loved that as well, although it did mean my girlfriend (3rd football game ever) constantly questioned why we were staying when 'everyone else got to leave'

our performance in extra time made it harder and harder to justify my decision

This, closest I've ever come to leaving early of my own accord

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
Plastics? I left at FT because the game was crap and so went to the pub with my mate. I was also at Leeds on Saturday having flown in from Kuala Lumpur at 7 in the morning, dropped luggage off at Victoria and then went straight to the game from there.

If I want to leave early that's my choice. Insult me for that if you want but at the very least get the insults right.

I'm not sure why some people on here think your a "plastic" if you decide to leave early! I left early against Palace as I thought our performance was embarrassing and didn't want to be near the scum as they gloated over their triumph against us. I do not want to watch my team when I think they are not giving it 100% it ****s me off and I find it totally disrespectful to the supporters who pay good money that pays their wages.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

Lets be honest, you were at Leeds in body only...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

But you didn't leave because you thought the game was over, my comment was about those who left because they thought it had finished a draw

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
The abuse some people get for leaving early is laughable. I've supported the albion since I was a ten year old lad back in 94 and I've lost count of the amount of times I've left early. More often than not it'll be when we're getting thumped, playing shit, lack of effort or a combination of all three. Some will choose to question my support for the albion but personally I couldn't give two hoots. I could counter this and say our inadequate performances get me so riled I have to leave early and that your a plastic if you don't because clearly you don't equally feel my frustration.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
But you didn't leave because you thought the game was over, my comment was about those who left because they thought it had finished a draw

In so many ways it's a great pity it didn't end as a draw at 90 minutes

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
I got picked up by the Mrs after 120 mins but I wonder if people worried about the trains at FT?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The attitude of some people on here towards people willing to pay to see Brighton play against Newport astounds me. Calling tourists, non-regulars and people leaving early "plastics"? I forgot that the game was a sell-out and all 30,000 of us true blue-and-white loyal fans had packed the place to the rafters. Ahem. At least they found the idea of the game enjoyable enough to turn up, leaving early or not.

Sorry I just don't know how else to describe the people sitting behind me. I really have no idea why they decided to go, given that 22,000 of our "hardcore" decided to swerve this one. They stayed almost to the end of extra time and I am sure it was an education, given the interesting discussion about the length of a half and the fact the young lady admitted she had seen enough after 30 minutes. Her companion for the evening was an armchair Liverpool fan I think, but as he confidently told her LuaLua used to play for Portsmouth, I could be wrong on that count.

Besides I wouldn't have thought football tourist was a particularly derogatory term. If it had been a couple of Wrexham fans, who just thought they would get a game in whilst on holiday, I would probably have bought them a beer at half time. As it was I doubt we managed to make any new fans over the age of 8 after Tuesday night's performance.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I was leaving at the time of the confrontation - was funny as the older bloke said where were you at Newcastle - the other lad said I was there all game.. the old guy said I meant fvcking 1982 you knut... all very amusing.

I have left 3 times early from seeing the albion - when we were 4 nil down at Brentford by 60 mins cant remember the year, 5 nil at smellhurst had a mate with a broken leg and we had to beg the mets finest to let us out and on Tuesday when the 3rd goal went - simple really unimportant game and I thought I would get the 22.16 home.

I was utterly amazed at how upset people were at the defeat on Tuesday. I guess I am not a proper fan.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here