Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One of our own ATTACKED (by scummy Leeds fans) on twitter

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is it just me....when someone is subject to this sort of vile shit, why do they not drop off for a period of time until they all go away?

I feel very sorry for kev and his mrs, but surely if you post something that you know can be inflammatory, then you know with the amount of trolls out there that you take a chance.....even michael Vaughan suffered horrendous abuse from Indians, but hey just dropped off for a week or so, they got fed up and he then signed back on and got on with life.

This is the cyber world we all live in now!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kev took some shit on here when he first started and got no help from the moderators, in fact one of them joined in. You'll never get rid of the bully boy keyboard warriors, there are some sad baskets out there.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I agree Granny.

We all know how the cyberworld works. In all my time on Twitter, I've managed to avoid such scenarios by posting an opinion without being so contentious.

I believe in this case, Kev posted something along the lines of 'Leeds manager is a wanker' and then continued to argue with the Leeds fans. I'm not justifying the abuse thrown their way, but it's quite easy to avoid these things.

It's not in the same bracket of abuse and threats that people receive on there.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kev took some shit on here when he first started and got no help from the moderators, in fact one of them joined in. You'll never get rid of the bully boy keyboard warriors, there are some sad baskets out there.

There are all sorts of degrees to cyber/real life bullying.

Belittling people to outright threats.

You are being a troublemaker by mentioning a mod with no proof or context.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really sad to see this...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Trolls are the blight of modern life..the scum of the Earth..but why go on Twitter in the first place...telling the world what you had for breakfast...what your doing...there are enough intrusions on your life as there is by Government,companies,why add to it...

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
I'm sorry but just leave your account alone or block people, seriously its really not hard and getting abusive message is something you get use to on the internet surely? She shouldn't be complaining at all, please just leave and get on with it. I have no sympathy for these people.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
And the stupid thing is, that she seems a nice girl. And obviously bright too. If I were her, I'd forget about the idiots, she's more going for her than them for sure. People just do it for a reaction. As you get older you care less what people think and tend to ignore. But it really is odd the levels of spitefulness people go to online. Some of the stuff like bomb threats and encouraging people to kill themselves, hacking tribute pages for deceased persons is, well, I just can't fathom why people do that. Just weird. So until the idiots who do this get the message that they're not anonymous, we need to keep tracking them down and hauling before the courts. Sadly, authorities have insufficient resource or interest or both.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Its easy to stop this as every electronic gizzmo has an off button.

Or are some people just happy to play the martyr?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here