Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will play at left back on Saturday?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Presuming we don't get a new signing by the weekend, I'd have thought Upson? Pretty sure he's played there before?

I'd have thought he would be a better option than Maksimenko or Orlandi? Although Maksi did alright last night.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it is a no brainer if nobody is signed before then it has to be Maksimenko with Lopez at right back unless the unlikely happens and the FA rescind Calderons red card.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Vitālijs Maksimenko even if the card is rescinded. Inigo Calderón could then play right back. But otherwise Adam El Abd at right back.

My personal preference would be Gordon Greer at right back and then we could get a new central defender. I forgot about Dunk

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
El Abd of course.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Whilst Maksi was signed he was announced as a left back but all the press since then has suggested he's a centre back. So why play a young centre back out of position, when we have an experienced centre back we could play there? Not anti it, would be good to see how Maksi copes and it would be a good opportunity for him to impress, which is what young players need. From a best XI point of view though, I'm not sure it would be the best choice.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
From seeing maxi on several occasions now I would have no worries playing him for a short spell. Looks steady defending and once more exposure to first team comes will develop going forward. Alternatively 3-6-1

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maxi Maxi Maxi Maxi Maxi Maxi Maksimenko

Maxi's done OK - I really think our midfield needs the extra class of Dave there as Crofts and Bridcutt have been disappointing and Kemi is still finding his feet. El Abd at rightback.

We are very under powered and under cooked at the moment, which given our strong pre-season fixtures is odd - but it shows the squad has weakened in depth to the extent we are having to play out of form players and those still not at full fitness.

Will be a famous victory if Oscar pulls off something against middling Derby, that's how our expectations are changing

Stumpy Tim

Will be a famous victory if Oscar pulls off something against middling Derby, that's how our expectations are changing

What an absurd comment! Beating Derby won't be a "famous victory". It'll be beating Derby at home.

I agree that we look undercooked however. The players were talking about the amount of ball-work they did pre-season... seems like they're not 100% yet

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Maksimenko we need Upson at CB as Greer/El Abd/Dunk are much better playing alongside him at CB.

Jul 7, 2003
El-Abd at right back is a scary prospect these days. Remember Reading away the other year when he was brutally exposed by their wingers. Would rather stick with Spanish Dave at right back.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
ffs why are people suggesting anyone other than Maxi? He's looked good every time we've seen him, why not play him?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here