Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

USPGA Championship Oak Hill 2013

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Starts Tomorrow on a course where you have to drive it as straight as an arrow. So that counts out Tiger then:lolol: He also generally doesn't do winning on par 70s and certainly not on a course he's never won at (played poorly here in 2003). He was impressive last week but can't be having him here at 9/2.

I can't desert Phil Mickelson after his win at The Open Championship and he played nicely last week on the bridle warming up for this. 16/1 or 19 on Betfair looks fair enough to me.

Brandt Snedeker is going to win a major, its just a matter of time. He's the best putter in the world at the moment and won in Canada a few weeks ago. His majors record is good this year and only a poor 2nd round stopped him getting in the fight for The Open. I expect him to be up there on Sunday. 28/1 is fair.

Bill Haas
has finished in the top 10 on 5 of his last 7 starts (missed cut in the other 2) and he won in June at the AT&T. His best finishes have been round tight courses and he's 12th in Greens in Regulation this season. 60/1 looks large to me.

Angel Cabrera has had a great season with 2nd in the Masters and 11th in The Open. He seems to step up agear in the majors and at 100/1 he looks decent value.

I have had other smaller plays on Graeme McDowell (overpriced at 66/1), Dustbin Johnson 40/1 and Jordan Spieth 90/1.

Good luck everyone.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Last major of the year and should be interesting. If I was a betting man, which I'm not, I'd be tempted to back Adam Scott to make it a double for the year. He is playing well, and ha a calmness about him now.

Don't see Rory turning it around here. Tiger won easily last week with one terrific round plus 3 rather average ones. He can win without playing his best. Jason Day will hit the top sometime, but now may be Jason Duffners time if he can put it together.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This is my favourite major and I have a good tip for you.

Tiger to win by 10+ shots 80/1st

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
If poulter is going to win one then this is reasonable chance. Fairly short. Zach j could do well and hopefully gmac has a good week.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
This is my favourite major and I have a good tip for you.

Tiger to win by 10+ shots 80/1st

That is not a good tip. I doubt he'll even be close at the end.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If poulter is going to win one then this is reasonable chance. Fairly short. Zach j could do well and hopefully gmac has a good week.

I get the feeling that Poulter is one of a number of good brits not destined to win one. Like Luke and Westwood. All very capable just don't plug it in for the big ones. I actually think Paul Casey could win one before the others if he is over all his injury problems.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Westwood, Day 50/1 and Spieth at 100/1. I've liked the looks of David Lingmerth for a while who is at 200/1 could be worth £1 e/w

I've won on the first two majors this year though so reckon my luck is out

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
That is not a good tip. I doubt he'll even be close at the end.

Tiger is ALWAYS close.

At his best we all know he in unbeatable and he's pretty close to his best, plus when he wins he does it big.

It's a cracking bet, and one for all the romantics who are chasing a good story. He'll get more support than anyone else round the course.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Jason Day is always there or thereabouts in the majors, matter of time for him imo. Shit or bust tip is Bubba - for a guy who hits it so far he controls the flight stupidly well, distance & accuracy off the tee are required - if it clicks for him he could be a real threat, it's just he seems to blow hot and cold.

Phil/Tiger can never be discounted but I don't see it this time, just a gut feeling - Westwood is the best British hope for his driving accuracy, if he putts like he did at Muirfield and keeps it in play it could finally be his time - but I still doubt he has the mental side of his game in good enough shape to win.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Bradley, Z. Johnson, Dufner and Speith all each way

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Tiger is ALWAYS close.

At his best we all know he in unbeatable and he's pretty close to his best, plus when he wins he does it big.

It's a cracking bet, and one for all the romantics who are chasing a good story. He'll get more support than anyone else round the course.

No he's not.

US open he was 13 shots off top
Masters he 4 and should have been disqualified!
The Open he was 8 shots.

He might be a decent each way chance but given how short he'll be it's no value what so ever.

As for winning by 10 shots......it's 80/1 for a reason.......it won't happen!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No he's not.

US open he was 13 shots off top
Masters he 4 and should have been disqualified!
The Open he was 8 shots.

He might be a decent each way chance but given how short he'll be it's no value what so ever.

As for winning by 10 shots......it's 80/1 for a reason.......it won't happen!

Call me a romantic old fool then. Would love to see it happen, I just think if he wins, like last week he tends to win big and absolutely destroy the field.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Call me a romantic old fool then.

You romanti........

Would love to see it happen, I just think if he wins, like last week he tends to win big and absolutely destroy the field.

Even last week he "only" won by 7 shots. How many did McIlroy win by the other year 8 or 9?? Just can't see anyone winning by 10 shots.....sorry.

Obviously if he does do it please feel free to be the smuggest man on the board for at least a couple of weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here