Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron O'Connor racially abused?

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Just read the Twitter thread and I have one question for Mr O'Connor: Why didn't you report it at the ground to the police, the stewards or the fourth official as soon as it happened, so the alleged perpetrators could be arrested there and then?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I was very close to the events and didn't hear any racist comments at all. Lots of people on both sides calling each other w@nkers, but didn't hear any colour mentioned.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well it'll be interesting to see whether the charming Mr O'Connor finally reports the incident to the Police.

ps Judging by his comments on Tw*tter, he doesn't seem to think much of the "moist c***s" in Nottingham either. How Lovely of him.

Last edited:

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I was behind the Brighton dugout so wouldn't know whether he was racially abused or not.

What I didn't understand from what I could see is why was he even in that area. He was not playing, Wasnt wearing club gear (dressed in cap and denim shorts) and why did the stewards not move him away when he was having swearing matches with fans. If he wasn't playing why wasn't he with the non playing staff of Newport in the directors area.?

It was like a chav had one a competition to help Justin Edingburgh manage Newport for a day and he decided to have a barney with the fans.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I was behind the Brighton dugout so wouldn't know whether he was racially abused or not.

What I didn't understand from what I could see is why was he even in that area. He was not playing, Wasnt wearing club gear (dressed in cap and denim shorts) and why did the stewards not move him away when he was having swearing matches with fans. If he wasn't playing why wasn't he with the non playing staff of Newport in the directors area.?

It was like a chav had one a competition to help Justin Edingburgh manage Newport for a day and he decided to have a barney with the fans.

:lolol::lolol::laugh::laugh:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Newport seem to have a very victim orientated view of anything. If it did happen then obviously the stromgest action should take place. Very much doubt this happened though.

P.S

Jun 23, 2011
Lancing
I heard no racism from anyone towards them. Looking at his profile pic on twitter it is the nob trying to be gangsta. No idea why the stewards did nothing to stop them abusing and arguing with us yet I got told to sit down and be quiet!!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I don't think players just decide to pull out the race card when they fancy! He must have heard something and for one reason or another didn't mention it at the time. Why wouldn't you believe him?

As fans we should take any report like this pretty seriously instead of assuming he's lying because it all kicked off a bit.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I was sat right next to the dugout. No racist abuse but definitely some very strong homophobic abuse towards us from their bench. Especially from the bald muppet.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I don't think players just decide to pull out the race card when they fancy! He must have heard something and for one reason or another didn't mention it at the time..
Because anyone with an ounce of common sense would have talked to a steward, pointed out the individual, job done,..... this really smacks of some warped sense of retribution for his friend breaking his leg,... who knows??

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I was sat right next to the dugout. No racist abuse but definitely some very strong homophobic abuse towards us from their bench. Especially from the bald muppet.
Report it to the club then.... there is a hotline......

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yup no racist abuse from what I heard, but as Conkers said, lots of homophobic comments made from their bench including one of their subs.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't think players just decide to pull out the race card when they fancy! He must have heard something and for one reason or another didn't mention it at the time. Why wouldn't you believe him?

As fans we should take any report like this pretty seriously instead of assuming he's lying because it all kicked off a bit.

Even though all the evidence so far points to him lying? Even before this thread there were plenty of people saying he acted like an ar*ehole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here