Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Mail 'Guaranteed Delivery' by 1pm (lol)

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Okay, so my guaranteed delivery before 1pm actually arrived at 1.35, so i've been stuck indoors all day waiting for it.

Was going to complain to them because 1.35 takes the mick a little bit, just seen on their website and it says the won't offer compensation for delivery charges as long as they've attempted to deliver it within 24 hours of the 'guaranteed' delivery time?

Surely this is false advertsing? Is a guarantee not a guarantee anymore? WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TO!

Has anyone ever bothered complaining about stuff like this and managed to get their delivery charge refunded? It was only about £8 but still... principles and all that.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
That's ridiculous, I work for UPS and if we don't deliver before the time we always give a refund and I don't even think u have to put a claim in :-O. Just make it a lesson learnt, don't pay for any extras from royal fail.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
you're already 35 minutes down on the deal, do you want to waste anymore of your time emailing couldn'tgiveashit@etc.co.uk? I find complaining these days often results in me speaking to someone similar to Mr Gilbert in The Inbetweeners

To be honest if I spoke to someone who was that obvious they couldnt give a shit, I wouldn't mind. It's when they lie and pretend they care and that our custom is very valuable to them that it really annoys me!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
From their website
http://www.royalmail.com/parcel-despatch-low/uk-delivery/special-delivery

Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm™ Looking for a service you can trust at a great price? Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm™ is the answer. We’ll deliver your parcel before 1:00 pm the next working day, guaranteed or we’ll refund your money. The benefits include:

• money back guarantee if your item doesn't arrive on time
  • end to end tracking and signature on delivery online or via your mobile
  • compensation cover up to £500 for loss and damage
  • ideal for sending valuable items such as money or jewellery
  • send parcels up to 20kg
  • guaranteed Saturday delivery for an additional fee
  • consequential loss cover up to a maximum of £10,000.
[h=3]Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am™ *[/h]

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Okay, so my guaranteed delivery before 1pm actually arrived at 1.35, so i've been stuck indoors all day waiting for it.

Was going to complain to them because 1.35 takes the mick a little bit, just seen on their website and it says the won't offer compensation for delivery charges as long as they've attempted to deliver it within 24 hours of the 'guaranteed' delivery time?

Surely this is false advertsing? Is a guarantee not a guarantee anymore? WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TO!

Has anyone ever bothered complaining about stuff like this and managed to get their delivery charge refunded? It was only about £8 but still... principles and all that.
Is the compo only paid out if they haven't delivered within 24 hours of the "guaranteed delivery time" because the item won't be delivered at all as they've lost it ?

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh

How much was delivery and how much compensation would you like?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I stayed home all day once for a delivery that I was told would arrive between 9am and 5pm. It arrived at 6pm.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

PM sent.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

TalkTalk sent a replacement modem router to me last week via the RM 1pm guaranteed delivery service. Don't know what time it was delivered as I was at work until 2.15 and when I got home found the parcel left out in the rain by the back door.

they guaranteed delivery by 1pm, they never guarantee not leave it in the pissin rain, lob it over a back gate and break it or have it nicked by the postman and flogged in the Bet Fred in Moulsecoombe Way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here