Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car Advice

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Good people of NSC, I need some advice on what car to acquire in a couple of months time. Nothing to sell or trade in (I've had a company car since Pontious was a pilot) and not sure where to start.

I'll probably spend up to £20k. Was thinking used, but someone has tried to sell me on the idea of one of these Personal Finance Contracts for a new car. Four doors a must; I think I need a hatchback (how else do you drag garden waste to the dump!).

Thought about a used Audi A7, but probably difficult to find one under 20k; maybe an SUV (X3, VW Tiguan, Kia Sportage), Ford Mondeo.

Open to suggestions/ideas from the fountain of all knowledge that is NSC.

Thank you.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
All depends on mileage you do and what you use the car for (town driving/motorway/any off road etc)

FWIW I love the Audi A7 :D

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've been PCPing since I dropped out of a company car scheme about 8 years ago. Makes sense to me, the car is used for me to do my job, so I spend the car allowance I get paid on it. Effectively I get the same sort of car I would have had as a company car, but I get to choose exactly what I want, and when I want to change it. I don't think either me or my company are out of pocket once you add up all the tax implications. If you do go for a PCP it is worth looking at the more premium brands, as the price you pay monthly is offset agaisnt the value of the car at the end of the term, and premium brands are generally worth more a few years down the line. Recently I changed my 5 year old car for a brand new one of the same make and (new) model. (I guess that due to lower interest rates) I pay no more a month for it, despite it being zero miles when I got it, and the new model version is a much improved car.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here