Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change of dug outs

rockypaul

May 23, 2011
Was it just me but has our new coach changed the teams dugouts to the other side ..?

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Noticed it too.

When on the Stadium tour, the guide explained that we had the south dugout becasue it was closer to the linesman who always runs that end of the west touchline and get in his ear so to speak.

Ironic then that this change meant that Justin Edinburgh and his cronies could do exactly that and end up influencing the Calde red card decision!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Noticed it too.

When on the Stadium tour, the guide explained that we had the south dugout becasue it was closer to the linesman who always runs that end of the west touchline and get in his ear so to speak.

Ironic then that this change meant that Justin Edinburgh and his cronies could do exactly that and end up influencing the Calde red card decision!

hmmm that is a good point and a real positive potentially! I guess Oscar and his crew are a bit above those tactics - Charlie was king of linesman/fourth official chat.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nothing on Saturday, but Leeds decided they wanted their dugout nearer the main Leeds 'end' so they swapped their dugouts around too.

Makes no sense at the Amex, the noisiest stand is always the away end, shouldn't put the away bench nearer to their own fans, put them back where they always were, they can listen to the persitant whingeing and moaning from the Brighton end.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
No thought given to fans who originally purchased their ST on the basis that the home dugout was south of the tunnel. A lot of fans bought on this basis ( me included ) as we wanted to be reasonably close to the action. i.e to see what was happening on the home bench. To watch the interaction between manager, coaches and players. To see who was in the ' squad ' seats behind the matchday squad.
I appreciate that Oscar has made a very recent decision to change but many fans will have picked their seats because of the location of the home dugout and are now, obviously, sitting behind the away team. This will result in more interaction between away bench and away fans ( closer now ) and away bench and linesman, which we will have to endure every game.
For the vast majority of the crowd, this won't make a blind bit of difference but to those of us who specifically picked our seats to be close to the home dugout, it changes everything.
I am currently deciding whether I wish to remain sitting there. I know I haven't got a lot of choice left within the stadium but thats down to me. I will come to the Derby game, get a feeling for the atmosphere, speak to those around me and make a decision. ( My gut feeling is that I will try and re-locate )

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
OG should have other things to occupy his mind rather than make an ill considered & indeed incorrect change before the first league game

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We did it at Withdean too if you remember.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
No thought given to fans who originally purchased their ST on the basis that the home dugout was south of the tunnel. A lot of fans bought on this basis ( me included ) as we wanted to be reasonably close to the action. i.e to see what was happening on the home bench. To watch the interaction between manager, coaches and players. To see who was in the ' squad ' seats behind the matchday squad.
I appreciate that Oscar has made a very recent decision to change but many fans will have picked their seats because of the location of the home dugout and are now, obviously, sitting behind the away team. This will result in more interaction between away bench and away fans ( closer now ) and away bench and linesman, which we will have to endure every game.
For the vast majority of the crowd, this won't make a blind bit of difference but to those of us who specifically picked our seats to be close to the home dugout, it changes everything.
I am currently deciding whether I wish to remain sitting there. I know I haven't got a lot of choice left within the stadium but thats down to me. I will come to the Derby game, get a feeling for the atmosphere, speak to those around me and make a decision. ( My gut feeling is that I will try and re-locate )

my thoughts entirely, have e-mailed Mr Barber for explanation.

stalker???

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

my thoughts entirely, have e-mailed Mr Barber for explanation.

Sorry but that's tough sh*t. You're talking about something that's the perogative of the incoming manager at any football club in the world. How embarassing would it be if someone had to explain to Oscar that he couldn't choose his preferred dugout on the basis that Poyet has already chosen it two seasons ago. The football side of the club can't be dictated to by a handful of people.

King Barnes

Jul 20, 2013
Are we just not overlooking the obvious here?
Looking from the East stand the Home dressing room is on the right and the away is on the left.
That's how the teams line up in the tunnel and because Gus chose to have the left side for reasons probably true above, before this season all the subs etc have had to cross over once at the dugouts!
To have home right and away left is just logical!! IMO obviously!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Sorry but that's tough sh*t. You're talking about something that's the perogative of the incoming manager at any football club in the world. How embarassing would it be if someone had to explain to Oscar that he couldn't choose his preferred dugout on the basis that Poyet has already chosen it two seasons ago. The football side of the club can't be dictated to by a handful of people.

Agreed. Must be tough being Mr Barber and his cronies at the moment. Every single decision made is scrutinised and criticised by idiots with either no business sense or common sense.
Why do people feel the need to complain about absolutely EVERY little thing. I even heard someone moaning on Tuesday about the fact that Calderon was pictured on the promotional posters for Derby and on the big screens, when he wouldn't be playing due to his red card THAT NIGHT!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

:ffsparr:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS

Maybe the dugouts have been moved so that Oscar and the coaching team can get away from you?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Dont worry, the moaners on here will drive Oscar out in a few months and it can all change back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here