Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Refreshingly 'simple' post match interviews with Oscar

I've gotta say it is so nice to hear Oscar speak in such straightforward tones after games compared to the histrionics of Gus and his 'eeeeze complicated, you need qualiteee, the referee ruined the game etc. etc.

Our Oscar should be commended for his simple, open and honest assessments which IMHO are accurate and fair - Calde was going for a 50/50 and they will appeal, we created sufficient chances to win but to win games you need to score and NC did just that.

Well done Oscar :thumbsup:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
My favourite part about Oscar is his face when he's listening to the questions. The way he just said "What?" after being asked something cracked me up.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
I've gotta say it is so nice to hear Oscar speak in such straightforward tones after games compared to the histrionics of Gus and his 'eeeeze complicated, you need qualiteee, the referee ruined the game etc. etc.

Our Oscar should be commended for his simple, open and honest assessments which IMHO are accurate and fair - Calde was going for a 50/50 and they will appeal, we created sufficient chances to win but to win games you need to score and NC did just that.

This made me smile because I thought the exact opposite! Listening to Oscar made me think how much I will miss Gus's unpredictable and passionate post-match interviews. I always wanted to hear what Gus had to say and found it refreshing that it wasn't just all "Manager Speak" straight out of the Coaching Manual.

Life would be so boring if we all had the same opinion.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
I agree with the OP. Sometimes I wondered what on earth Gus was banging on about.

At least with Oscar he's (so far) straight talking and tends to answer the questions I'd wondered regarding play.

Cool as a cucumber, baby.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I get the impression that in situations like the one with Calderon we may now actually stand a chance of getting a red card overturned. It was pretty obvious the FA could not be doing with Gus and his histrionics. Oscar is far more rational and after both defeats so far, while having good reason to blame the referee, I think he should get great credit for pointing the finger first and foremost at the fact we blew too many chances in front of goal. That's much more constructive.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He comes across as very reserved, almost shy. He's hasn't shown himself (yet?) to be out of the typical Manager stereotype mould. I imagine the difference between him and Gus is chalk and cheese and wonder what the players think of him ... you can see how Gus earned their respect

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
missed chances last year, missed chances so far this. Ulloa apart we need a goalscoring centre forward asap.

Yep - Game should have been put to bed by half time. No one to blame apart from them on the pitch.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
missed chances last year, missed chances so far this. Ulloa apart we need a goalscoring centre forward asap.

He has now said the same thing re NOT scoring in both interviews....obviously this is an area of weakness as identified last year and has now been identified again this year...

I would not be surprised to see a Billy Sharp Character sign soon...From OG interview he sounds like they have been trying for a while re players...need to get a move on now tho....

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
He has now said the same thing re NOT scoring in both interviews....obviously this is an area of weakness as identified last year and has now been identified again this year...

I would not be surprised to see a Billy Sharp Character sign soon...From OG interview he sounds like they have been trying for a while re players...need to get a move on now tho....

Having seen last nights game and the Norwich friendly recently it's very apparent that once again we are going to be massively dependant on Ulloa, but as a positive I think CMS will flourish under the new regime with the tinkering of tactics to get the ball forward slightly quicker at times. The players look like they have licence to hit the ball into channels and over the top if the opposition are playing a high line, which will suit CMS. As long as he improves his finishing!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Our Oscar should be commended for his simple, open and honest assessments which IMHO are accurate and fair - Calde was going for a 50/50 and they will appeal, ** we created sufficient chances to win but to win games you need to score and NC did just that. **

** Wow what incite, well done Oscar indeed ! Managerial Genius.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here