Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Artificial Grass

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
The latest idea from Mrs K. for our garden. A look on google reveals a huge range of different types and prices. Anyone got any recommendations or experience of this? Very light usage and mainly for decoration I would say, not the whole garden, just some circular or curved areas amongst the decking to make things a little more maintenance free as we approach our U3A years.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
The latest idea from Mrs K. for our garden. A look on google reveals a huge range of different types and prices. Anyone got any recommendations or experience of this? Very light usage and mainly for decoration I would say, not the whole garden, just some circular or curved areas amongst the decking to make things a little more maintenance free as we approach our U3A years.

Sorry, struggling to find an answer to this post. I hope you get some useful suggestions.

Aug 26, 2011
My owns a landscaping company who install artificial grass amongst other things.
His website is russellealeslawncare.co.uk

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

But why??
Have you thought of replacing Mrs K with a plastic version? Just a thought

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
But what about the smell of freshly cut grass? What about the daisies?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I was out at Rushfields near Poynings a few weeks ago and they had a stand with samples by the door. I was quite impressed by the top of the range stuff, around £20 per metre. Due to salt winds and low rainfall, I have not cut my grass for months and a brown dry mass is hardly attractive. I am just not sure what this stuff would look like after being used as a dog latrine for a few years, otherwise I might be tempted.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Due to our decking being absolutely lethal when wet, im going to put artificial grass on that. just need to run the hoover over it once a week lol.

It's good stuff...have a look on ebay. Might be worth seeing if they'd send you some samples first though

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Had my lawn replaced with artificial grass so the kids can play out in all weathers and I don't have to mow , reseed, weed sculpt etc.

It looks great but it does get a bit hot underfoot on really sunny days.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
What about drainage when it rains?

The better quality stuff has drainage holes built in to it. The 'grass' we use here has a 40mm pile & can drain 12 ltrs per sq. mtr an hour. It is laid on a thin sand base above a gravel base of 10-12 cm. It gets very hot to walk on and with shade temps of 36c today you need to keep something on your feet! You can buy a 'fresh cut grass' spray to use, if that turns you on! Biggest problem we had is cats using it as a dumping ground. Cured that by using the electronic sound device & occasionally spraying with dilute Jeyes fluid.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
How does it cope with dog poo and wee?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here