Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby Saturday.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It'll give us (Oscar, players and fans) a massive confidence boost but I wouldn't define it as a must win game...

Dec 29, 2011
Not at all, we could lose the first 5 games and win the league. Look at Bolton last year, terrible until Christmas then made a late move and almost reached the playoffs. Don't underestimate what a run of 10-15 good games will do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looking forward to a good open entertaining game. Clough is no mug and he improves Derby year on year. Going to be tough though.

I think quite a few might see it as a must win, wait for abuse from some of the crowd if we go a goal down.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I dont expect our form to pick up untill after xmas. I have 100% confidence in Oscar that his style of play and tactics will come good for us. I can see us picking up a few wxtra players in the JAn transfer window as well. Im not wetting the bed, im staying clam.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
2nd league game in and its must win....why ask the question?

Hi lamster, just asking the question mate. Doesn't mean I think it's a must win but for confidence purposes alone, I'd say its an important game for us.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hi lamster, just asking the question mate. Doesn't mean I think it's a must win but for confidence purposes alone, I'd say its an important game for us.

i'd agree with confidence...football is that kind of game...but last year we lost carling cup and league game ..i didnt see the next game as a must win....draw against cardiff if memory serves me right

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Isn't every game must win? Otherwise someone's overlooking the point of competitive football surely?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
i think the poster is looking at the consequences if we don't

I see. Don't think there are any consequences two games in though. Some teams will possibly go a few places under us due to goal difference, whilst some will go above us whether we win lose or draw. It's very early days still.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I see. Don't think there are any consequences two games in though. Some teams will possibly go a few places under us due to goal difference, whilst some will go above us whether we win lose or draw. It's very early days still.

see missgull you have a very sensible and pragmatic approach

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

IMO i'm not too bothered about league positions at this stage, its a confidence thing for me. A win this weekend will give everyone a huge lift IMO of course.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
No first home game of a season is ever a "must win". What logic is behind such a fuzzy and strange question?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here