Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please tell the club how to make up the 8 million shortfall?

CURRY AT £19 A PLATE?
MEAL IN 1901 £90
PAY £75 FOR THE H BUS?
BOOKING FEES ON TICKETS?
All things that seem unpopular so where can we save these millions.
Getting rid of park and ride and special buses would for me not be a problem as long as my ticket still gave me free travel on regular buses and trains within the city,could others cope,surely you could drive and park within the city and use the buses/ trains. We do have have 7 railway stations (including portslade) within the city. The club needs help from the fans on this one and paul barber is left with an impossible task to balance the books. HELP HIM!

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Get a decent accountant and management team...£8m loss with biggest gates highest ticket prices massive merchandising income and plenty of sponsorship money ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aside from promotion, what if Mr Barber is so good at his job, he's 'accidentally' cut our loss to only £4m.

Which by my limited understanding of FFP would be £1m under.

Do you think the money would be invested back to the fans,

would we all get lanyards?
Fixture lists written in gold leaf?
Replica kit made from Ermine?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At present they are running the club to the maximum permitted FFP loss and any savings will just go towards the playing budget, leaving 'the loss' the same.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sell Bridcutt for £8m.

This. I'm sure it's wrong of me, but it would make me laugh if Barber sent out one of his "don't panic, everything is ok chaps" emails that said "The good news is that we've reinstated the park and ride, we've brought back the nice pie boxes, we've made the 1901 food reasonable again and we'll no longer charge a booking fee on match tickets. The bad news is we've sold Liam Bridcutt, and none of the money will be reinvested into the playing side".

I wonder how people would react?

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Play a load of our kids in an easy game just before the Jan window opens, sell the ones who put in a good performance for 7 figure sumes to the Premier League birds of prey.

Laugh when the Prem clubs realise they are 1-game-wonders :guitar:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Sell Bridcutt for £8m.
That isn't as stupid as it sounds. After all he could break a leg in training today and never be the same player again; then not only do we not get any money for him but we lose even more money keeping a 'sicknote' on the books.

Buying and selling players is always a gamble, and Bridcutt himself was signed as a replacement for the injured Navarro. We could sell Bridcutt tomorrow and that new guy, Kenny Auguststeam or whatever his name is, could turn out to be the 'new' Bridcutt - or he could turn out to be a huge flop.

'Ees complicated as someone once said - but £8m sounds VERY tempting.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Don't send out a useless fixture list AND a usless ST Card wallet to 22,000 Customers that don't need them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here