Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to scrap the League Cup?

Time to scrap the League Cup ???

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would say the exact opposite and insist that the FL/Prem bring in a rule to ensure that teams cannot use it to experiment with young players and thus deny the paying customers/fans the chance to watch the best but still charge to see a weakened side.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I'm sure Bradford and Swansea fans were interested last season.

We were interested when we beat Sunderland and took Liverpool to the wire. And when we beat Man City on penalties.

Knee-jerk.

Personally I'd like to see a return of the Anglo-Italian cup

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm sure Bradford and Swansea fans were interested last season.

We were interested when we beat Sunderland and took Liverpool to the wire. And when we beat Man City on penalties.

Knee-jerk.

Personally I'd like to see a return of the Anglo-Italian cup

Only 8000 were interested last night :shrug:
That would have probably been about 2000 Brighton if we were still at the Withdean.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last night gave Newport a game they will remember as fondly as I remember us winning against WBA (in what I think was the same competition back then) even all these years later.

Suggesting scrapping our participation in a cup that brings results like last night for lower league clubs smacks a bit of billy big bollocks can't be arsed with playing minnows to me.

Of course it shouldn't be scrapped. 'Kin 'ell a Manchester United attitude from Brighton fans :rolleyes:

My fav cup competition loads of memories wba away,forest away(took nearly 7,000 away i reckon for that one,ipswich away,derby away.All 70's i'm afraid also went to about 5 finals on the bounce starting with Spurs v Norwich 1973 HAPPY DAYS!
PUT PREMIER TEAMS IN AT THE START AND HAVE A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PLACE FOR THE WINNERS:rolleyes: DREAM ON!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I like the idea a lot

I reckon it'd massively increase interest and there'd be some cracking away games. The only issue is that the Scottish fourth division is about the same level as Eastbourne veteran's league division 8. So it'd probably have to be just the top two Scottish divisions.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
i like the fact bigger teams play weakened sides,it gives clubs like us a realistic chance of going a long way in the competition

why we don't take it seriously i don't know

what would you rather

4 seasons in premier league wnning nothing,probably not finishing any higher than 10th

or

4 seasons in championship,winning the league cup and not finishing any lower than 10th

no brainer,winning the league cup would be etched on the memory of our club,just like the charity shield is

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I wonder if we would be having this poll if we were in the next round and had won 6-0?

Last night gave Newport a game they will remember as fondly as I remember us winning against WBA (in what I think was the same competition back then) even all these years later.
It was the FLC but ICR which round. Even now I regret not going to the Hawthorns (from Worthing) in 1976. I recall a quote from someone from WBA saying they were stunned by our performance that night.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here