Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to show a bit of character

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I'm not too bothered about us losing the opening two gams of the season. We didn't play well at Leeds and nearly won the game before their last minute winner. Tonight we got knocked out of the league cup at the same stage as last season after Calde's red card. This is not the time to panic. It's the same every season, let's see where we are after ten games.
But what does worry me is a general lack of character in our squad. Our failure to win a game after going a goal down, our inability to finish chances in front of goal and the number of goals we concede late on in games are symptomatic of weak character.
Does the club employ a sports psychologist to work with the team? Is it time for a change of captain? Where are the leaders in our team?
I think we have a very talented squad who don't think they are good enough. This mindset has to change and Oscar has to make them believe.

Downlander

Apr 14, 2011
Another 3 direct debits have left my bank account since the end of last season. Don’t have silly, unrealistic expectations, but could the club provide me with the odd, occasional thrill in recognition of my outgoings? Even a small one? Feels like I’m paying my gas bill!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here