Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing off an injured player.

sticklebrick

Apr 27, 2008
Couldn't believe it. Bad enough the guy wasn't unanimously clapped off but booing? Disgusting behaviour.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Every single person in th west lower appeared to applaud the player off but most were also booing the referee and questioning why he hadnt also been given a red.

smelly

May 23, 2004
The injured player was NOT booed off.
1. Tackle occurred 50/50 tackle IMHO. Both players went in for the ball, their player came off worse. No flag for foul by lino who is 5 yards away. Regrettable but sometimes will happen in a contact sport.
2. Justin Edinburgh bursts a blood vessel screaming for a red.
3. Calderon sent off.
4. Long delay while treatment takes place before player is stretchered off to applause from all round the ground.
5. JE returns to his seat to chorus of boos as he is a complete cock.

We did not boo an injured player. We booed his Manager who seized upon his players injury as a device to gain an advantage in a Capital One Cup match. He then insults opposition supporters into the bargain.

Complete lack of class on his part not ours.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was a very small minority but yes, people who booed are imbeciles.

How can you possibly tell who they were booing? The ref made a blunder and Edinburgh was playing the fool so surely everything you heard could have been aimed at either of them.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Do you honestly believe this happened??? The booing was for the ref giving the red card and that only.

The booing that started at the same time as the applause. The booing that started the moment he began to be carried off. That booing - yes.

Booing at other times - no.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
How can you possibly tell who they were booing? The ref made a blunder and Edinburgh was playing the fool so surely everything you heard could have been aimed at either of them.

Because the player was stretched off almost 10 minutes after Calderon was sent off so it seemed clear that a few were booing the player.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think the Booing was for JE, calling fans the C-Unit and Barclays Bankers according to a mate at work who was sitting behind subs. Also a black fella thinking he was Gangsta giving evils to the crowds. Worst thing about it is, there was young kids who witnessed his outrage.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The booing that started at the same time as the applause. The booing that started the moment he began to be carried off. That booing - yes.

Booing at other times - no.

I think you are mistaking the booing, which was aimed at the ref for the red card and also for JE who acted poorly IMO. I was WSL and everyone stood and applauded the unfortunate lad who got injured.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think the Booing was for JE, calling fans the C-Unit and Barclays Bankers according to a mate at work who was sitting behind subs. Also a black fella thinking he was Gangsta giving evils to the crowds. Worst thing about it is, there was young kids who witnessed his outrage.

My lot were booing the ref. Giving him absolute pelters. He was a sad excuse and a total disgrace.

Without the insane red card there would have been no booing at all.

Last edited:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I was surprised at Edinburgh and his bald twatt of an assistant at their non league antics.

The player got applauded off the pitch and the boos were for the referee (who acted like a clown in sending Calde off) and Edinburgh and baldy. End of story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here