Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-973951_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
00:21 7th August 2013
by Adam Tighe
We will appeal because the action in the video is very clear. "
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia says the club will appeal against Inigo Calderon’s dismissal against Newport County AFC.Byron Anthony was left with a broken leg, however having reviewed footage of the incident, Oscar confirmed the injury was accidental.
The Albion head coach confirmed, “I'm very sorry for Byron Anthony as it is a bad injury, but I know Calderon and he went for the ball. We will appeal because the action in the video is very clear.
“I am not sure that the referee has seen the action clearly, or the fourth official or the linesman, but as we can see in the video Calde goes with his foot in a certain way, he doesn’t want to injure a player.
“After the incident he explained to their bench that he didn’t want to injure anyone.
“I’m sorry for him (Anthony) because it is a bad injury, but I know Calde and he went for the ball – it was a fifty-fifty challenge and it was unlucky for the Newport player.”
County were trailing 1-0 at the time of Calderon’s red card but fought back to win 3-1 after extra time, and Oscar apologised to Albion fans for the loss.
“I’m sorry for the fans and the result. I think we played well for long periods but if you don’t score then it is difficult to win any game.
“Of course the red card changed the game but it was not only down to this. We had many chances to finish the game but we didn’t score.
“They had three or four chances and they scored three goals, we had more than ten and we scored only one.”
Meanwhile, with the transfer window closing in just under a month, the former Barcelona man reiterated his point about adding to his squad.
“I’ve been looking to strengthen the side and I hope we will get some players in as soon as possible.”
Watch Oscar's reaction on Seagulls Player.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here