Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How quickly can we appeal Calders red card?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Worse sending off decision ever, assuming we appeal how quickly can it be overturned?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The club have already said they are appealing, via Twitter. Hopefully they can get the ref to watch the video straight away?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Worse sending off decision ever, assuming we appeal how quickly can it be overturned?

It's probably not going to turn out to be the worst one EVER, is it? :lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It's probably not going to turn out to be the worst one EVER, is it? :lolol:

Not if its overturned.

But I genuinely can't think of a worse decision to send a player off that I have seen live. I really can't.

It wasn't even a foul. And yet on Saturday a two footed lunge got a yellow card!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Should have been a decision on the challenge and not the outcome (confirmed double leg break)

Was a harsh Red - just hope the kiddy recovers soon

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Not if its overturned.

But I genuinely can't think of a worse decision to send a player off that I have seen live. I really can't.

It wasn't even a foul. And yet on Saturday a two footed lunge got a yellow card!

Beckford for Leicester at Amex.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I bet the FA don't rescind it. They're too weak & will focus (as the referee did) on the level of injury & not the cause.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Should have been a decision on the challenge and not the outcome (confirmed double leg break)

Was a harsh Red - just hope the kiddy recovers soon

I only saw it from the NS. I heard the crack, was incensed because i thought that the Newport player had fouled Calde. I was relieved when Calde got up, thought it was him that was badly injured. I genuinely thought that Calde had got to the ball first and their player took him out. Obviously when i realised that their player was badly injured i clapped him off, but i also booed the ref for his red card.
Perhaps i'm wrong, if anybody has seen a close up/slow motion of the tackle, and Calde was at fault, then so be it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The annoying aspect of it was that the ref took no action until they brought on the stretcher and he realised it was a serious injury. If it was foul play it was foul play immediately not 2 mins later. The problem is that with Calderon getting sent off for it their player could if he wished sue Calderon and or the club.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The annoying aspect of it was that the ref took no action until they brought on the stretcher and he realised it was a serious injury. If it was foul play it was foul play immediately not 2 mins later. The problem is that with Calderon getting sent off for it their player could if he wished sue Calderon and or the club.

The ref consulted the 4th official or linesman, I'm not sure which one, before issuing the card.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I only saw it from the NS. I heard the crack, was incensed because i thought that the Newport player had fouled Calde. I was relieved when Calde got up, thought it was him that was badly injured. I genuinely thought that Calde had got to the ball first and their player took him out. Obviously when i realised that their player was badly injured i clapped him off, but i also booed the ref for his red card.
Perhaps i'm wrong, if anybody has seen a close up/slow motion of the tackle, and Calde was at fault, then so be it.

Andy Naylor & the club have confirmed that the replay shows Calde is in the clear. Hopefully the League will agree.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ

He would not be able to sue Calderon for the tackle you consent to the risk of injury when playing a sport ie horseplay. Calderon's tackle did not go beyond the bounds of the sport.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Andy Naylor & the club have confirmed that the replay shows Calde is in the clear. Hopefully the League will agree.

Thanks, my mince pies sometimes deceive me (plus a touch of bias) but i was pretty sure Calde was blameless. He's not that type of player also.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He would not be able to sue Calderon for the tackle you consent to the risk of injury when playing a sport ie horseplay. Calderon's tackle did not go beyond the bounds of the sport.

Richard Carpenter was sued by a Reading player when he suffered a broken leg, and was successful.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Richard Carpenter was sued by a Reading player when he suffered a broken leg, and was successful.

But I believe that was a particularly awful tackle.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ

Seems bizarre to me that, players must accept the risks involved. Could understand if it was a deliberate act of violence which caused subsequent loss of earnings or something but an unfortunate 50/50 challenge would be covered by some sort of insurance scheme surely and not by directly suing the tackler ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here