Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newport Chant

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I said to a couple of the Newport fans if it was Rugby we would have won by loads of points ,they said good luck in the future.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Radio said 496

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
I was born in the Newport area & I couldn't make out the majority of their songs

The only one I clocked was the stupid (bar stewards) you should have gone up one...

Give em their dues though, a good turn out for a school night

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I wasn't far from them in the first half but couldn't understand anything they were singing. I moved to the north west for the second half and couldn't hear them at all.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wasn't far from them in the first half but couldn't understand anything they were singing. I moved to the north west for the second half and couldn't hear them at all.

See this is what is wrong about the Amex acoustics, from the north, considering there were only 450, they were loud all of the game, couldn't understand much of what they were singing, but they were

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
They were good but what the hell was the 'small town in London' all about?

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
See this is what is wrong about the Amex acoustics, from the north, considering there were only 450, they were loud all of the game, couldn't understand much of what they were singing, but they were

Interesting, but I've always found the acoustics at the Amex pretty decent. The upward slope of the roofs allow for sound to travel nicely, unlike some of the older grounds in the country. I wasn't at the game last night, but not once have I ever felt it was the stadium that's the issue.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
We know who we are, we know who we are, we're sheep shagging *******s, we know who we are.

They were very good spirited, and a good crowd. Loads of them from Sussex parts.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I liked the response from the North stand in the first (?) half to one of Newport's unintelligible chants: "You what? You what, you what, you what?" That shut the away fans up pretty quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here