Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funniest Moment Ever at The Amex

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Daft sponsor, should have given it to Calde for not punching the buffoon with the whistle.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
There was a man under the Stand or Fall banner in a shirt the exact colour of a drying up cloth going so mental when Calde got sent off his eyes bulged a lot and sweat simmered off his brow, then at some point (probably once we were losing) there was a truly irate man shouting "**** you! **** you!" at someone in the stand, pointing his finger in time with each piece of advice and frothing so comically the stewards stood back and watched. Plus there will be the procession of people reminding us all that Canvey Island, Sudbury, Darlington etc were worse games than this, chiefly because they didn't really care at the time, and therefore they think anyone who did needs to be reminded of those games every time we have an unexpected loss. Hooray

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
And the Man of the Match is .......Ashley Barnes!

Sorry, but I agreed with that call. Marginal with Barnes and Ince, but otherwise we were generally pants. However in the spirit of sharing, please suggest an alternative MotM instead of having the all too familiar pop at Barnes - and while your at it, please tell us who else looked to provide anything like a goal threat tonight other than Ince's long-range shooting? Thanks so much.....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Until it was awarded it was fair enough (personally Ince but Barnes was alright). After it was awarded Jesus Christ, did any thing he tried come off, what the hell happened

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Until it was awarded it was fair enough (personally Ince but Barnes was alright). After it was awarded Jesus Christ, did any thing he tried come off, what the hell happened
This is exactly what I thought. Great minds?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As usual, people are having cheap shots at Barnes. He did alright- was essentially up front on his own for most of that game. Scored one, should probably have had more, but contributed a lot more than LuaLua or Buckley did.

Ince also good, JFC disappointing. Defence pretty poor all round but especially El Abd & Calderon.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Sorry, I thought this thread was solely about the Newport result......:lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As usual, people are having cheap shots at Barnes. He did alright- was essentially up front on his own for most of that game. Scored one, should probably have had more, but contributed a lot more than LuaLua or Buckley did.

Ince also good, JFC disappointing. Defence pretty poor all round but especially El Abd & Calderon.

That's the way I saw it.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
the trouble is the sponsor's havent got a clue and always pick a goalscorer even whens he has had a mare of a game

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Agree with that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thought Barnes deserved the MOM award. Had a good game.

I pretty much agree with this. Thought JFC was disappointing too and don't get me started on El Abd's positional play or passing (if that's the correct description for either). Still, he almost scored a screamer of a goal in the 2nd half, but like much of our finishing it wasn't actually on target.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Thought it was between Barnes and Ince.

I can't stand the way some "fans" treat Barnesy. Effing and blaring at him for any mistake, whilst the same mistakes went un-commented upon when it was Ulloa making them. In fact, at one point in Extra time, Ulloa hit a shot wide to exclamations of "FFS Barnes you're S***" - I'll never understand the thought processes of these people who should be supporting the players in our stripes. Barnes is a huge, huge asset for us.

Barnes always gets into wonderful positions, but the finishing isn't of the clinical standard we need, although I know the same can be arguably said of CMS - and even Ulloa missed some sitters last season. But Barnes' airshot and then handball a few yards out proved very costly tonight.

Another vote here for Ince as MOTM

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The funniest, possibly saddest, moment for me was when Buckley got booed for not chasing down a ball he could have easily reached. Summed up the game to me.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Wonder if all those having a pop at Barnes watched KLL tonight? Worst game i have seen him play for a long time. He would start running, get to top speed and slow down all in the space of ten paces. My opinion of not starting with KLL is cemented after tonight.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
the trouble is the sponsor's havent got a clue and always pick a goalscorer even whens he has had a mare of a game

The sponsors are fans too you know. Just because some people disagree with you, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here