briref

Aug 12, 2008
that's what i am saying mate

shocking decision based on the seriousness of the injury

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Was 10 yards from it, definitely 50/50 challenge. If Calde has broken his leg it would have been a red to their player. Madness.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I don't understand. How can it be a fair challenge if the other player had his leg broken?

I haven't seen it since, but it was a completely fair challenge. Could have gone either way.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
100% 50/50 challenge I was right in front of it heard it snap. Couldn't believe that fat clown nonce pulled the red out.

Pure guess work from the worst officials at the Amex for a good while

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I don't understand. How can it be a fair challenge if the other player had his leg broken?

Calde won ball, other player came flying in? Should have been a red to the Newport player but obviously didn't have the balls to send off an injured player.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I heard it crack as well, horrible smash. it was 50/50 def not Calderon's wrongdoing.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I saw it and thought Anthony was the aggressor, just happened to come of worse. A very unfortunate outcome to at worst a clumsy challenge. Sounded horrid though...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You can't send players off based on the level of injury, otherwise some shocking challenges would go completely unpunished.

I'd very much like to see a replay, but from my seat it looked like a 50/50 ball which Calderon has been red carded because (1) someone has broken a leg and (2) Justin Edinburgh made a big fuss about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here