I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Give oscar time. That is all.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Won't be long before the same retards who wanted Gus out will be saying the same about Oscar. Why don't we just get it IN THE BOX? Etc etc.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Guess we are all pretty pissed off at the moment and emotions are a bit raw. At times like this we need to be a bit more sensible and realise that these sort of things are quickly forgotten when more positive events come long.

We are a good team and worthy of our place in the Championship so let's just see how things look in 10 games time

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep, he's had approx two months less pre-season than the rest of the managers in this division.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
No panic but we have a squad of players brought in to play Gus' style do we need a massive overhaul again?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I agree

What we need is some fun back at the Albion, its all been to bloody mardy arse lately.......

Lets forget about that other bloke.

We have a great stadium

We have a great chairman who helped us get where we are.

We are in the Championship and not non league.

We are ticking along just nicely thanks, lets get behind Oscar on Saturday and make some noise and let him see what we can do and how passionate we can all be together....

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Give oscar time. That is all.
Does this really need to be said?

We should have scored 4 or 5 by the time Cauldron got sent off. (Never should by the way, and I would amazed if its not overturned)

Oscar will have learnt an awful awful lot tonight about certain players.

Whilst not nice to lose 3-1 at home to lower league opposition, personally I look at tonight as a blessing in disguise.

Just as many positives as there were negatives.

Oscars starting eleven on Saturday is going to be very interesting for me!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does this really need to be said?

Sadly from the reaction of some on NSC, it seems so.

What's more, I'll still be saying it if we don't get 3 points on Saturday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From the commentary it seems Oscar took a shit or bust approach after the sending off and even though we were down to 10 we played with three upfront? Barnes, Buckley and JFC looking to avoid extra time and penalties? It went wrong but it sounded like we had plenty of chances and they took their few very well, aided by a complete cock up for the 3rd?

Really disappointing result but going out of this cup is no big deal. Saturday is a big game now, the crowd need to support the team not start moaning should we go a goal down. I fear Oscar needs to win one soon or he'll lose some of the more fickle in the crowd and we have quite a few of those.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
From the commentary it seems Oscar took a shit or bust approach after the sending off and even though we were down to 10 we played with three upfront? Barnes, Buckley and JFC looking to avoid extra time and penalties? It went wrong but it sounded like we had plenty of chances and they took their few very well, aided by a complete cock up for the 3rd?

Really disappointing result but going out of this cup is no big deal. Saturday is a big game now, the crowd need to support the team not start moaning should we go a goal down. I fear Oscar needs to win one soon or he'll lose some of the more fickle in the crowd and we have quite a few of those.

Bang on. Unfortunately we desperately need to beat Derby. Not because it's essential to our league success but because it's the only way to stop a substantial number of clueless fans from deciding Oscar is hopeless.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Won't be long before the same retards who wanted Gus out will be saying the same about Oscar. Why don't we just get it IN THE BOX? Etc etc.

I'm already looking forward to hearing that exact sentiment from those around me on Saturday...'old school attitude' would be an understatement.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Given time I think he will prove to be successful but emphasis must be placed on the time he has been in charge which meant we had a shorter pre season than most teams in terms of preparation and meaningful friendly games played so I dont expect us to be up and running until mid to late September. Then we shall begin to see what he is about and no doubt he will have brought a couple of players in either bought or on loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here