Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8000 odd tonight - fans protesting with their feet?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If the club can't be bothered to run Park and Ride from at least one site, surely it got the attendance it deserved. No transport to our lovely, but remote stadium, and no fans. Can't be a coincidence.
Club doesn't bother. Fans don't bother. Might be a lesson here Mr Barber?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
was it 13k for the game against league 2 side gillingham 2 seasons ago...i guess you could factor in the newness of the amex

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
Nothing to do with Newport . club taking the piss out of us the fans . Stay away to show we are unimpressed

Mints

Banned
May 24, 2011
If the club can't be bothered to run Park and Ride from at least one site, surely it got the attendance it deserved. No transport to our lovely, but remote stadium, and no fans. Can't be a coincidence.

A couple of years ago and that would have been a sell-out.

Times have changed.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
was it 13k for the game against league 2 side gillingham 2 seasons ago...i guess you could factor in the newness of the amex

Think it's more to do with it being carling cup against Newport County

Agree with a bit of all of these.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
or they didnt run a park and ride knowing a low attendance? i dont know eitherway, seems odd to say the club doesnt bother though. it is the start of the summer holibobs, a competition no one cares about (until in the semis) against non-league opposition (i know...).

still very disappointing turnout and result.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm a pretty fanatical STH, but frankly when the club says not bothering with P + R, I don't bother either. I just can't fathom why any 1st Team match would not have some P+R.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had no intention of going tonight. Nothing to do with Barber, or Newport. I live a long way away and its different now. We have settled in. I will be there on Saturday of course. I'm not remotely bothered about tonight.

D

Deleted member 18477

No one cares about the Carling cup until the quarter finals. If you get that far then you might as well go and win it.

That's the opinion of the majority of fans in this country and I have to agree.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The players never turn up for these matches either. Though it was better than a poyet cup performance I suppose.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm a pretty fanatical STH, but frankly when the club says not bothering with P + R, I don't bother either. I just can't fathom why any 1st Team match would not have some P+R.

Agree. Had I been able to go then this would cause me hassle to the point I wouldn't go.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Because, you tediously boring cock, they knew a midweek shitty cup game against 4th division opposition on a Tuesday night with a league game at home on Saturday would not draw a big enough crowd to warrant the expense. I remember you complaining last year about having to turn right instead of left after the Palace game......................what a miserable chap you must be!:wanker:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here