Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bale, Suarez, and Rooney

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
All want to leave their clubs. Scabs. But apart from that they have all picked up 'injuries' so that they are not available for the clubs that are currently paying them.

Football has lost it's way.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
All want to leave their clubs. Scabs. But apart from that they have all picked up 'injuries' so that they are not available for the clubs that are currently paying them.

Football lost its way when it first began in 1992.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I have no problem with players moving on for higher wages or glory hunting, good luck to them on that.
What I have a problem with is if they upset the balance of my fantasy football team!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Perhaps their contracted clubs would prefer not to risk injury to a player that will ultimately offer a significant profit to them.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
There has to be a point where it's no longer about money, after all the three players listed in the title will never have a financial care in the world unless they're really careless with their cash.

Suarez and Bale are 2 of the world's best players, neither of which are playing in the CL. The desire to get right to the top in your chosen field shouldn't make you a 'scab'. Of course, most people would prefer to play for Spurs than Real Madrid, right?

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Somebody want to explain...

or will this do?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League

So you blame the premier league for everything bad that has happened, and think that if the premier league hadn't come about then all would be well? Things were already heading in a very commercial direction before that; perhaps the inception of the premier league accelerated it but I don't think that it took football in a new direction.

And I agree with BigGully that these big-money players are more likely to be kept out of the games for financial rather than injury reasons.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Football will eat itself. It is now just business, if you're not in the premier league you're nothing in business terms. Harsh but true unfortunately.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Also until fifa grow a set and lay down complete regulations for all teams wherever they may be to adhere to nothing will change. How in the spirit of football the game we all love is it fair that Madrid owe the banks nearly a billion euros? And that man city and PSG can become the playthings of billionaire business people looking to increase their own profiles possibly be fair? Football at its basic core is about competing and having the chance to win, how is it fair that the larger your debt the more uneven the playing field becomes?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Don't really care what they do, just wish they'd get on with it and be honest about it.

tbf i think Rooney and Suarez have been, just their clubs wont let them go. im not sure on Bale, could be alot of noise from Real to unsettle him, and Spurs holding out for massive money. think £100m they are talking about is bonkers and Spurs would be daft not to take it.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
With respect, scabs is an insane way of putting it. Rooney hasn't scabbed on Man Utd. He came through at Everton. Same goes for Suarez and Bale... They long 'scabbed' on the clubs they played as youths and went to bigger clubs for glory and trophies. Does that mean they now HAVE to stay at those clubs? Course not.

I too hate the way players seek more trophies instead of seeking to make whoever they play for win, but the players in question here long moved on from scabville. Seeking a move from the premier league champions (Rooney) is not a moral wrong by any shot.

With respect, scabs is an insane way of putting it. Rooney hasn't scabbed on Man Utd. He came through at Everton. Same goes for Suarez and Bale... They long 'scabbed' on the clubs they played as youths and went to bigger clubs for glory and trophies. Does that mean they now HAVE to stay at those clubs? Course not.

I too hate the way players seek more trophies instead of seeking to make whoever they play for win, but the players in question here long moved on from scabville. Seeking a move from the premier league champions (Rooney) is not a moral wrong by any shot.

With respect, rooney is only trying to move because he knows whatever he does will never be as good as Van Persie, he is threatened by him and rightly so.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here