Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article Leeds – the most homophobic fans in England?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Arrived by train, left by train. Walked to and from the ground. Not a dickie bird was heard. Perhaps the author attracts these comments for some reason.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
There were a lot of Leeds that went out of their way to make their 'banter' heard outside the away end after the game. They were very pleased with themselves too.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ridiculous assertion and impossible to prove. And from Saturday's game I'd say it is wrong.

One chant of "does your boyfriend" or was it "we can see you holding hands" is all we had.

What about the dickhead Brighton fans chanting "one Maggie Thatcher"? Does that make Brighton fans the stupidest?

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Arrived by train, left by train. Walked to and from the ground. Not a dickie bird was heard. Perhaps the author attracts these comments for some reason.

The We are Brighton Twitter page certainly did nothing to attract the Twitter abuse, that's a fact.

I'm all for Free Speech on Twitter (topical) but "Die of Aids you gay c*n*s" needs to be looked at.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Inside the ground there was very little abuse, as Buzzer states I think kept themselves down to just the one WCSYHH, most restrained from them. The article refers to outside the ground, which to be fair is where you do tend to hear the more revolting abuse.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
But we all know the phenomenon of the Internet troll and the horrific things people write on social media. Its not just a football problem and I think it's unfair to infer that Leeds are the worst.

Millwall fans at that Harley penalty game set a new low for me but then again the worst I've personally experienced was at Swindon where some c*nt chucked a condom at me and said that if I was going to shag my son that I should wear protection and not spread Aids. And then another Swindon fan punched him. Make of that what you will.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Bit of a sh*tty blog to bit honest.

What's new about it? So you got abused by some pikey chavs, how does that make Leeds' entire support homophobic? Stuff like this just makes people want to abuse you even more, it's like telling a kid not to press a button. A definite whiff of attention seeking here.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Not sure about homophobic but there were some mouthy ********s outside on the way back to the car. I think it's just a Yorkshire/inferiority thing.

Dec 29, 2011
Millwall fans at that Harley penalty game set a new low for me but then again the worst I've personally experienced was at Swindon where some c*nt chucked a condom at me and said that if I was going to shag my son that I should wear protection and not spread Aids. And then another Swindon fan punched him. Make of that what you will.

:lol:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
waiting for the bus after the game we endured 15 minutes of 'friendly banter' homophobic comments from a group of early twenties. ho hum.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
What is 'homophobia' ? I struggle to get a proper definition. I think some folk need to get a thicker skin. It seems some of those who complain are quite happy to refer to people as 'pikeys' 'Northern *******s' and 'sheep shaggers'. But make an assertion about their masculinity ... :catfight:

That said, real homophobia needs to tackled, but some of this... pot kettle.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Dunno about homophobic, but certainly ugly, badly dressed and horrible...

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Ridiculous assertion and impossible to prove. And from Saturday's game I'd say it is wrong.

One chant of "does your boyfriend" or was it "we can see you holding hands" is all we had.

What about the dickhead Brighton fans chanting "one Maggie Thatcher"? Does that make Brighton fans the stupidest?

no it doesnt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here