Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So... What do you guys think of this story in the Daily Mail? Does it make you angry?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Yes, it makes me very angry. Feel really sorry for that couple. Pikeys all over the country will now be out to get hold of decent caravans and do a runner with them. Then produce a screwed up "receipt" proving it's theirs. Glad to see police are reviewing this case.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
"No wonder Michael, 53, and Kathleen, 68, from Tongham in Surrey, are incandescent". They should be nowhere near a caravan then:

in·can·des·cent
/ˌinkənˈdesənt/

Adjective

1. Emitting light as a result of being heated.
  2. (of an electric light) Containing a filament that glows white-hot when heated by a current passed through it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Confused. I was under the impression that if you bought a car that was stolen, regardless of how much you paid for it or how legal it all seemed, you would have it taken from you and it would be returned to the rightful owners. Why is stealing a caravan any different? Can it really be because the current occupants would be made homeless?

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales...escription_e/the_car_you_bought_is_stolen.htm

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I refuse to feel angry about anything in the Daily Mail, since I have no confidence that it is the real truth of the matter and not slanted in a way to suit the editor!

this. why hasn't the insurance paid out...?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I refuse to feel angry about anything in the Daily Mail, since I have no confidence that it is the real truth of the matter and not slanted in a way to suit the editor!

This. Anyone who believes anything they read in the Mail is an idiot. Even if there is some substance behind the story, they will have twisted the facts to suit their agenda.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
This. Anyone who believes anything they read in the Mail is an idiot. Even if there is some substance behind the story, they will have twisted the facts to suit their agenda.

.... is the correct answer.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Hilarious, so if the article appears in the Morning Star that's OK?......

FYI....its in a number of publications and newsfeeds.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's an awful story but ultimately that is the whole POINT of insurance. Either that £30,000 caravan was important to them or it wasn't. If it was, then they should have insured it. If you can afford a caravan at that price, you can afford to insure it.

I still hate pikies though, obviously.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
It's an awful story but ultimately that is the whole POINT of insurance. Either that £30,000 caravan was important to them or it wasn't. If it was, then they should have insured it. If you can afford a caravan at that price, you can afford to insure it.

I still hate pikies though, obviously.

Surely the question of insurance is irrelevant. If it was stolen then it should be returned in the same way a car would be. The whole justice system appears scared of the traveller community.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
"The officers duly arrested a 22-year-old traveller on suspicion of theft. However, he conveniently produced a crumpled piece of paper that served, he said, as proof that he had purchased it legally. The man claimed he bought it off a bloke in the back room of a pub."

Obviously an objective piece of reporting.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hilarious, so if the article appears in the Morning Star that's OK?......

FYI....its in a number of publications and newsfeeds.

The story might be. The point is the facts and account of what actually happened will differ wildly because as a paper, it doesn't checks facts, uses half-truths, lies and ignores responses that don't fit in with its story. It's not a right or left-wing thing, it's the standard of paper and the Mail is the worst

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here