Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The world's most expensive burger

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, it's not another Barber price hike but a synthetic beef burger made in a lab.

http://gu.com/p/3hzak

Looks tasty.

Also, given it's not been near a cow is it a veggie burger?

No, it's not another Barber price hike but a synthetic beef burger made in a lab.

http://gu.com/p/3hzak

Looks tasty.

Curious one this, they have to add flavourings and colourings to make it look and taste like meat, but it is meat.

Not sure I would want to try it but in years to come this might be all that's available.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

interesting question. strictly speaking it is still from an animal, but without many of issues that veggies oppose. i wonder when scaled up to usful level if it actually reduces the resources required for meat as much as expected and somewhat negate the effort. it maybe better to promote alternative live meat instead.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Soylent Green.:thumbsup:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Evidently, the meat was white after it had been produced and they had to dye it with beetroot juice to give a "red meat look".

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
If they can make this from a dead cows stem cells, human burgers could be grown for cannibals like Jeffrey Dahmer, Andrei Chikatilo and Hannibal Lecter, thus satisfying a gap in the food market.

We were having a conversation about this at lunch in my office, whether you would eat human meat if it was made in a lab. Apparently (not sure how true this is), cannabalism isn't actually illegal, it's just that any process by which you would go about doing it is.

With respect to the 'cow' burger, this is just step one. I'm sure a little way down the line, there will be something that looks and tastes much more like real cow burgers. I certainly wouldn't have a problem with eating one of those, supposedly much better for the environment than farming cows.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If we were really going down the environmentally friendly and sustainable route, the eating of insects would make a better solution to the World's food shortage.

Mmm Locust.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Evidently, the meat was white after it had been produced and they had to dye it with beetroot juice to give a "red meat look".

Apparently chicken would taste of nothing i it wasn't for the bacteria in it. Also, I would think the contents of this man-made burger are rather better than what's in your cheapo value bugers you can buy now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You need to be listening to Mondays 'Daily Bacon' podcast from BBC 5-live.

This gets discussed at great length.
The conversations expands out, as the scientist talking points out ALL food is genetically engineered.

Starting with rice 12,000 years ago, through to this burger.

His caveat being properly wild fish.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here