Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic close section of ground due to persistent standing

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Its not as though they have not got room elsewhere in the ground, I doubt it will hurt financially

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Its not as though they have not got room elsewhere in the ground, I doubt it will hurt financially

It's more than just those fans, this has generated MASSIVE opinion amongst the support in general as the Green Brigade are very popular and actually seen as part of the match day experience by a lot.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23580358

Persistent standing, and Unsafe "lateral movement of spectators" and "body surfing" was also highlighted, along with damage to 190 seats in the area over the last four home matches.

For all those who said it wouldn't be done in a football ground.

Maybe this is starting to be taken seriously?

I think "body surfing" and so many seats being damaged does show just how far BEYOND what happens at the Amex needs to occur before such action is taken. Not sure anyone ever said it could never be done in a football ground, regardless of what happens. More that it wouldn't happen purely as a result of standing.

This hasn't happened just as a result of standing, they've done more than just that, haven't they.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
There's also been long running disputes between this group of fans and the club's board that goes way beyond stadium regulations. Don't think that can be ignored in this situation either.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There's also been long running disputes between this group of fans and the club's board that goes way beyond stadium regulations. Don't think that can be ignored in this situation either.
Yep, things like the disrespectful "No poppy on our hoops" campaign. :nono:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

This. Shutting that specific section has nothing to do with persistent standing

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The group try to act like the "ultras" from other countries and regularly caused trouble - I believe quite a few were arrested during a march to the ground a few weeks ago to protest against the clubs actions.

If its constanty happening and costs money to replace, then the club has little alternative. That and the "no poppy" campaign pissed off a lot of people, possibly why I havent actually seen anyone saying the section closure is wrong.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The group try to act like the "ultras" from other countries and regularly caused trouble - I believe quite a few were arrested during a march to the ground a few weeks ago to protest against the clubs actions.

If its constanty happening and costs money to replace, then the club has little alternative. That and the "no poppy" campaign pissed off a lot of people, possibly why I havent actually seen anyone saying the section closure is wrong.

They have their detractors but the GB are popular with Celtic fans. Don't think you'd need to look far on Celtic message boards to see that the majority of fans aren't happy with the closure. And I am quite prepared to say I think it's wrong.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I am sure Neil Lennon will blame the referee.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
They have their detractors but the GB are popular with Celtic fans. Don't think you'd need to look far on Celtic message boards to see that the majority of fans aren't happy with the closure. And I am quite prepared to say I think it's wrong.
which gives the lie to the bullish1t claims of it being a `minority`of cuddly ,affable celtic fans that are ira supporting scumbags.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here