Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

German 1966 world cup final players tested positive for banned drugs.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
More info required...who? when? how?.....This is West Germany we are talking about. A proud, clean, honest and democratic nation. Not those cheating, drug-ridden commies from the other side of the wall. I will not have it that Franz, Uwe, Helmut, Karl-Heinz, Lothar, Hans, Siggy, Wolfgang etc were up to no good.
I need info....fast!

More info required...who? when? how?.....This is West Germany we are talking about. A proud, clean, honest and democratic nation. Not those cheating, drug-ridden commies from the other side of the wall. I will not have it that Franz, Uwe, Helmut, Karl-Heinz, Lothar, Hans, Siggy, Wolfgang etc were up to no good.
I need info....fast!

It was mentioned on the today prog this morning. Same old Jonny foreigner, always cheating.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Unfortunately 2 of the victorious England team are no longer with us and our Goalie would have one eye only .

The manager, coach and trainer have all gone as well. So has Sir Stanley Rous and Jules Rimet and at least 40% of the crowd.
Despite these setbacks, her Majesty is still going strong and will be available to cut the oranges at half-time and present the trophy.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The manager, coach and trainer have all gone as well. So has Sir Stanley Rous and Jules Rimet and at least 40% of the crowd.
Despite these setbacks, her Majesty is still going strong and will be available to cut the oranges at half-time and present the trophy.

the stadium is approx 12% smaller now as well, so that fits nicely. We will need the final ball back though which was pinched by ****z or was it Miller

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Quite a (morbidly) fascinating thought, that nearly half of the people who watched England win the World Cup are now dead.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Azerbaijani, if you're going to get pedantic, like I do.

They named their national stadium after him.

I'm not surprised. He was a hero. Fought on the Eastern front, helping to defend Stalingrad and then rose to even greater heights by declaring Geoff Hurst's shot crossed the line.
What were a few angry West German players compared to whole Panzer divisions. It was no contest.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Talking of officials. I know the ref ( Dienst ) in 1966 was Swiss and I assume he has gone as well but I have no recollection of the nationality of the other linesman at all. Any info out there?
p.s In the interest of ' balance '..Italian or Japanese would have fitted the bill.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Talking of officials. I know the ref ( Dienst ) in 1966 was Swiss and I assume he has gone as well but I have no recollection of the nationality of the other linesman at all. Any info out there?
p.s In the interest of ' balance '..Italian or Japanese would have fitted the bill.

Karol Galba (Czechoslovakia) 1921-2009.

Two of the four semi-finalists were countries that no longer exist.
Two of the three officials were from countries that no longer exist.

Two of the West Germany team and two of the England team are now no longer with us. Neither of the managers, and none of the officials are still with us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here