Aug 7, 2003
As I posted last year

261517_430990146956920_191148108_n.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Brilliant, thank you for this thread, I think it will help a thicko like me.

I hope his tattoos are spelt correctly. :lol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The one that interests me is the then/than as I never witnessed people make that grammatical error until about 5 years ago, I now see it everywhere.

The label on a drink I bought the other day (from M&S) it stated 'Less then 5% sugars'

In shortlist magazine this week it states 'You could do worse then going to see this film'

WTF?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The one that interests me is the then/than as I never witnessed people make that grammatical error until about 5 years ago, I now see it everywhere.

The label on a drink I bought the other day (from M&S) it stated 'Less then 5% sugars'

In shortlist magazine this week it states 'You could do worse then going to see this film'

WTF?
I've never seen that before, but I think it might melt my brain if I do.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Another one creeping in is the joining of two words to make one which doesn't really exist.

'A lot' seems to be morphing into 'alot', or worse 'allot'. The latter does exist, but not in the form to mean 'an unspecified amount'. I've no idea how or why that is happening.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm fairly relaxed on grammar these days & a number of mistakes are understandable in a way. However, the one that makes my blood boil is should of, could of, would of. Where did these even come from? It's not even like they actually make any sense or are an abbreviation of something that does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here