Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your most recent "I think I am going die right now" moment?

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Currently on a coach being transferred to our resort and I think the drivers wife just left him OR he's a former coach racing driver who I can trust 100%. I think we were on two wheels at every bend of that unlit motorway. Settled down now we are drvng through the town :lolol:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Whilst nealing and tying my shoelace, I somehow lost my balance and fell sideways onto the pavement with my head right by the road. A second later a lorry thundered past so close for a few seconds I seriously thought the game was up.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Whilst nealing and tying my shoelace, I somehow lost my balance and fell sideways onto the pavement with my head right by the road. A second later a lorry thundered past so close for a few seconds I seriously thought the game was up.

:lolol: damn

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I once told US that I didn't enjoy War of the Worlds.

It was touch and go for a while

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Currently on a coach being transferred to our resort and I think the drivers wife just left him OR he's a former coach racing driver who I can trust 100%. I think we were on two wheels at every bend of that unlit motorway. Settled down now we are drvng through the town :lolol:

RIP easynow :-(

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Ten years ago, trapped by next door's two devil dogs in my back garden. They were taking it in turns to jump up at me and bite me. Made a run for the house, fell over, feared for the worst, but somehow managed to get back inside the house. Still have the scars today, obviously, and a fear of dogs that I didn't have before. Happy ending was that it made me and my wife reassess what we wanted out of life and we moved out of London and back to Brighton (although we left again - we love moving house - we'll be back again soon). Before that, travelling in a car with friends late at night on the M6. I was in the back, and in the rear view mirror, I could see the driver's eyes closing. Woke him up after what seemed like ages but was probably a couple of seconds. I've probably got a couple more, which is strange because I'm not generally a risk-taking, I'll or especially unlucky person - I suppose everyone has the odd near or nearish miss from time to time, like when you temporarily lose balance somewhere, like climbing a tree or on the stairs and you think that it could have been a lot worse....

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
When I was crossing the road this morning, luckily I looked both ways and waited for the car to drive past. Could have been a whole lot worse otherwise.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Out for my early morning cycle ride today (supposedly the safest time for a ride when roads are empty) had a very near miss about 100 yds from home when a neighbour in her Evoke pulled across the road in front of me and when I politely remonstrated saw she was checking her make up in her rear view mirror. I would have been a bloody red smear down her nice shiny white paintwork but for my emergency stop.

Perfect visibility, no other traffic, I'm wearing conspicuous cycle clothing yet she was oblivious. Clueless ****.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Driving down the M4 (after watching a game v Swansea) was overtaking a lorry and saw a car coming towards me the wrong way down the carridgeway. How we missed having a head on I will never know. Unfotunatly an innocent motorist behind me was not so lucky.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7020483.stm

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Went for a run last night for the first time since the good weather started, I thought I was going to die.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Driving down the M4 (after watching a game v Swansea) was overtaking a lorry and saw a car coming towards me the wrong way down the carridgeway. How we missed having a head on I will never know. Unfotunatly an innocent motorist behind me was not so lucky.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7020483.stm

One of my coworkers had heart failure whilst driving on the M4, passed out, and went through the Central Reservation (he was only 20 years old at the time!!). He survived as did his passenger and somehow nobody else was harmed. His car, on the other hand, was a write off.

Mannakin

Jun 24, 2013
Hove (actually!)
Was riding my motorbike from my mum's house on Monday morning (where I had been staying over the weekend) on my way to work and a deer (large brown hairy bugger) decided to run across the road in front of me.

The road is a 2-3 mile straight road, national speed limit, so I wasn't doing 30mph(!) and I was close enough to hear the hooves scrabbling for grip on the road as it passed about 3-4 feet from my front wheel. Luckily I'd spotted it and had started to brake, but I really didn't expect it to bolt across the road when i got closer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here