Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's a funny old game,Chris Adams to return to Hove ??

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Season on the wane,the Derbyshire defeat a shocker just see the season out before a few changes during the close season if so would the return of Adams be a sideways or backwards step ? Or could it be just what the club needs ??:facepalm:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
His Surrey sojourn was hardly a spectacular success.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Agreed and that's the danger we are just not doing it at the present and therefore are the management in danger of looking for a'change of direction' ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could they be working on the same principal that football clubs do of bringing in a new manger which usually means immediate results for a short period of time which could be sufficient to give Sussex the title.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
A man whose rhetoric consistently exceeds his abilities. If he can't make Surrey successful with all the resources they have, surely we can do better.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Why would we replace a coach who's only got us to second in the CC with one that spent a load of money on oldies and whose team is getting relegated?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree it is probably time for fresh thinking especially to instil some discipline into the batting and generate more of a killer match winning instinct, second half of this season we look a soft touch in all forms of the game.

Adams isn't the solution. Part of me feels give Murray Goodwin a chance or even see if Peter Moores fancies another spell with us but probably best to have a break with the past and bring in a hard man from South Africa who will put a rocket up the squad. We have the talent but have lost the focus.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Have we still not got a batting coach?

I don't think we've any reason to sack Robinson at the moment

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I agree it is probably time for fresh thinking especially to instil some discipline into the batting and generate more of a killer match winning instinct, second half of this season we look a soft touch in all forms of the game.

Adams isn't the solution. Part of me feels give Murray Goodwin a chance or even see if Peter Moores fancies another spell with us but probably best to have a break with the past and bring in a hard man from South Africa who will put a rocket up the squad. We have the talent but have lost the focus.

I'd have Moores back in a heartbeat. He's a top coach. His England spell wasn't a complete disaster either, he introduced Flower into the picture & was the first England coach to put proper faith in Jimmy Anderson.

As for Adams, I think people on this thread are being a touch unfair. Prior to the Maynard tragedy, he'd done pretty well, won a trophy. I can also see, why in that circumstance he felt the need to get some older heads in. I don't think people understand how much a incident of that maginitude affects a group of people, in professional sport or any other walk of life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here