Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple I phone. Help needed.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
My eldest has dropped his Apple I phone in water for he says 2/3 seconds it is insured but with a £100 excess and is 2 years old. He 'put it in rice' to try to dry out and left it for Five days but still no joy. Genuinely what are his options ? Is it a write-off ? Will the insurance try to 'repair' it if so what is wrong with him taking it to a local trader ?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
My daughter dropped her Galaxy Ace down the loo the other week. Despite drying it out it never worked again and when I rang Tesco Mobile they told me that there was no point sending it to their repairs department as water damage is terminal. At least you have the option of claiming on the insurance (albeit with an excess to pay) - I've had to get my daughter a cheap PAYG replacement to put her SIM in to see out her contract. Lucky it wasn't an iPhone!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Hairdryer on lowest setting and blast the top and bottom of the phone making sure the hairdryer is a good foot away.
Do this for 3-5 minutes each side.

Give it a thorough shake to get the last drops of water out and repeat the above step once more.

Once satisfied, pull on some rubber boots and plug in.

---

If the above doesn't work, pay excess and get a replacement phone, part exchange it in 6 weeks for an iphone 6.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Hairdryer on lowest setting and blast the top and bottom of the phone making sure the hairdryer is a good foot away.
Do this for 3-5 minutes each side.

Give it a thorough shake to get the last drops of water out and repeat the above step once more.

Once satisfied, pull on some rubber boots and plug in.

---

If the above doesn't work, pay excess and get a replacement phone, part exchange it in 6 weeks for an iphone 6.

I'll second this idea. Worked for me on an older model of phone. Smart plan on the exchange.

BHANic

May 9, 2008
Burgess Hill
..Oops..In a plastic container. All worked fine after the week so i could back it up. But the screen was blotchy and the sound a bit fuzzy. It was a two month old iphone so i sent it off after giving in and paying the £100 excess. They told me it couldn't be repaired and credited my account with the money for a new one. iPhone 5s were new at the time so thankfully they had no refurbished ones to give me. No doubt some poor sod has my refurbished one!

D

Deleted User X18H

My old 3GS that I given to the boy , Gives the message ' device not compatible with charging' and won't charge up.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
had damage on 3 of our phones,taken apart left in rice for 2 days,put back together and all work fine

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My old 3GS that I given to the boy , Gives the message ' device not compatible with charging' and won't charge up.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Swap out the dock assembly which you can get for about £7 on ebay inc. tools to do it.

What an ifixit slide show, or youtube video to show you how to do it - it's pretty easy to do.

My wife bent the pins inside the dock where the charger plugs in, swapped it out and it was fine.

30min job tops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here