Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your Signature dish, Cooks ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Any Gordon Ramsey's out there ? What is your signature dish and what would you cook for a dinner at yours for your favorite celebrity or famous person you would most like to meet ?

Person and meal.

I would cook Stephen Spielberg a pasta bake with sweetcorn, tuna and cheese sauce.

Keeping it real.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The Hairy Dieters 'Spanish style Chicken bake'.

Put quartered new potatoes, onion, tomatoes and loads of garlic in a large baking dish, season well and bake for 20 mins. Then add boneless Chicken thighs and slices of chorizo, plus 1/2 tsp of smoky paprika and oregano, cook for 20 mins then add sliced green pepper for final 20 mins. I add some baked mushrooms and courgette for variety.

Easy to cook, using a single baking tray so not too much washing up. The chorizo melts, the paprika, oregano and garlic impart a smoky spicey flavour and aroma. The cooking process allows plenty of time for beer / vino. Looks great when served at the table. Any left over chicken is great cold with a salad or in a sarnie.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Hairy Dieters 'Spanish style Chicken bake'.

Put quartered new potatoes, onion, tomatoes and loads of garlic in a large baking dish, season well and bake for 20 mins. Then add boneless Chicken thighs and slices of chorizo, plus 1/2 tsp of smoky paprika and oregano, cook for 20 mins then add sliced green pepper for final 20 mins. I add some baked mushrooms and courgette for variety.

Easy to cook, using a single baking tray so not too much washing up. The chorizo melts, the paprika, oregano and garlic impart a smoky spicey flavour and aroma. The cooking process allows plenty of time for beer / vino. Looks great when served at the table. Any left over chicken is great cold with a salad or in a sarnie.

Who is your guest ?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I cook a lot so don't really have a signature dish, probably 20-30 dishes I return to regularly with minor variations.

For Spielberg, it would have to be Shark fin Soup (Jaws) Sweetbreads (ET or close enough or the Goonies for the same reason) The Wine List will have to be Schindlers and I have to hope he doesn't expect any pudding.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
A fry up for Amy Macdonald. Dinner conversation would start with how Liam Bridcutt played for Scotland. What reason would she have not to like me?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I give pride of place to Jamie Olivers Cowboy Chilli con carne....made with brisket beef and coffee......everyone loves it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I give pride of place to Jamie Olivers Cowboy Chilli con carne....made with brisket beef and coffee......everyone loves it.

I would love to have Spike Milligan round to eat it,....sadly he has gone to that great Goon Show in the sky.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Decent call Hillian but he is dead.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Battered Sweetbreads with Lenny Henry.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You didn't specify alive so I'll go with Merv hughes.

It's pretty obvious you can't invite someone who is 6ft under to a dinner party. It's just totally impractical. Come on, use some common sense.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Chicory Gratin. Think it's a Nigel Slater recipe. Cooked it loads. Slice chicory in halves and fry in butter and lemon then wrap each one in a slice of smokey streaky bacon and put in baking tray and then cover with a creamy sauce made from double cream, dijon mustard and gruyere cheese. Bake for about 40 mins et voila....savoury heaven!
I would serve this delight to Michael Palin while insisting that he speaks only as one of the old ladies from Monty Python.............."How do you put a budgie down........Its funny you should ask that cos I've just been reading a great big book on How to Put Your Budgie Down and apparently you either hit it with the book or shoot it just above the beak...."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here