Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex to get Digital Ad Boards ???

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
In the letter sent out today (including the fixture list, ST holder which no one will use and the new ST if you got one) it says in the section about the cashback that offers will be specific and not available at any time for the club shops and that offers will be detailed on social media, programmes, the big screen and from the Derby County game onwards, on our new LED perimeter system.

I assume its those digital ad boards you get at every Premier League ground and what we trialed at the Newcastle cup game last season and as i can recall, they werent too bad and can earn the club a fair bit of money.

About time we got them to be fair, most top grounds in the country have them of course.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was a thread on this a month or so ago. Great idea.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
In the letter sent out today (including the fixture list, ST holder which no one will use and the new ST if you got one) it says in the section about the cashback that offers will be specific and not available at any time for the club shops and that offers will be detailed on social media, programmes, the big screen and from the Derby County game onwards, on our new LED perimeter system.

I assume its those digital ad boards you get at every Premier League ground and what we trialed at the Newcastle cup game last season and as i can recall, they werent too bad and can earn the club a fair bit of money.

About time we got them to be fair, most top grounds in the country have them of course.

Why? It's useful to stop the fixture card from getting dogeared and will be even better if the ST card can be read through it.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Why? It's useful to stop the fixture card from getting dogeared and will be even better if the ST card can be read through it.

The ST card can be read through a normal wallet, no? I just put my wallet under the scanner to get through the turnstile.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I notice in many premier league grounds that if they have the perimeter system then the usual advertising in the stands elsewhere is not there. It would look great if we could have Brighton badges, quotes etc rather than shithouse local advertising.

Look at pics of Stamford Bridge, Emirates and Old trafford for examples.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought they would be distracting & annoying, but found I didn't notice them after a while.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
The ST card can be read through a normal wallet, no? I just put my wallet under the scanner to get through the turnstile.

Yes they can and I do the same thing, but you need to keep it separate from an Oyster card as it won't read it properly. I guess the same thing could happen with the new bus cards.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Im going on the general feeling on NSC where people are saying they wont use them. And as SeagullSongs says, you can scan it in your wallet anyway !!

Still, nice of the club to send free ones out instead of selling them for £1.50 in the shop.

I notice in many premier league grounds that if they have the perimeter system then the usual advertising in the stands elsewhere is not there. It would look great if we could have Brighton badges, quotes etc rather than shithouse local advertising.

Look at pics of Stamford Bridge, Emirates and Old trafford for examples.

The Emirates, Etihad and Old Trafford do have advertising on other stands, although it is in club colours and just company names and does look very professional.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here