[Official Site] Oscar: Defend the Shirt

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-970881_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
17:16 5th August 2013
by Adam Tighe
Oscar Garcia has called on his players to respect the Albion badge ahead of his first competitive fixture at the Amex.The Seagulls welcome Football League newcomers Newport County AFC in the first round of the Capital One Cup, and the Spaniard is treating the fixture with the same significance as a league game.
“All the games are important because we are wearing this shirt and we have to defend these colours. All the games at the Amex will be special for me and for sure the first competitive game will be exciting to play in front of our fans.
“For me all the games are important and this is the mentality that we have to take against Newport. They scored four goals in the last game and I expect a team with a lot of enthusiasm.”
Having suffered an agonising late defeat at Elland Road, Oscar is now aiming to continue implementing his ideas.
“We have to focus on the next game and learn some things about the previous game. It was disappointing to lose a point in the way we did but I have seen the Leeds game twice more and we played very well at times and we deserved more.
“I just arrived a few weeks ago and we are working hard to improve as soon as possible the aspects I want to improve, but we will need time.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here