Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuszczak: We will bounce back [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Kuszczak: We will bounce back[/h]12:00pm Monday 5th August 2013 in Albion
2572011.jpg
Tomasz Kuszczak
TOMASZ Kuszczak has backed Albion to mount another instant recovery from defeat in their first game at Leeds United and rediscover their mean streak.
The Seagulls were beaten at Swindon in the Capital One Cup last season, then by a late goal in their Championship opener at Hull before leading the table after five games and finishing fourth with the best defensive record in the division.
Kuszczak said: "I hope we are still going to have a good defensive record this season. There are not many changes in the defensive line and I don't see why not.
"Now we've got a Cup game (Newport), then Derby at home. It's an opportunity to score goals, win the game and hopefully keep a clean sheet. Clearly I want to keep a few clean sheets this year.
"Sometimes it takes a few games before everyone starts to settle and hit form. Last year we lost 3-0 at Swindon and at Hull in the first game. "It looked as if it was going to be a tough season but then we won a couple of games in a row. There is no recipe for that but I think it's going to be similar this year."
Kuszczak almost saved Ross McCormack's first half equaliser for Leeds and Luke Murphy's stoppage time sickener. The Seagulls' Polish No. 1 one said: "The first one was a good strike. Bruno tried to block it and I went down quickly and got a touch on it. The second one was a good reaction. He was close, only five yards away, and he had the whole goal.
"I got a good touch but then I turned my head and saw it hit the crossbar, post, and go in. I think from my point of view I did everything I could. I reacted, I touched the ball, I think it was just luck (for Leeds)."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here