Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Money for toff kids and Tory rubbish. Again.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
See the Tories are giving parents, even those who earn up to 300,000 p/a a grand per child per year for no real reason. Not til 2015 though when they won't be in power anymore. Still, nice to see them looking after the toffs and ignoring the average no child couple or single men and women who are getting pushed further and further into the margins of poverty.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm childless so I see where you're coming from with regards to being ignored but I think that saying it's for 'toffs' when you state every parent is eligible is a bit misleading.

I'm going to assume you just dislike Tories and ask; if it were another party, would you mention the threshold or instead celebrate that it includes all parents?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
It seems like a good idea to me, in this climate children should be the first to be looked after.

Nadger

Sep 4, 2003
Brighton
So you are saying that because people have worked hard and been successful they deserve nothing? Most of these so called 'toffs' pay more than their fair share of tax that puts food in mouth of people whinging about it.

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
See the Tories are giving parents, even those who earn up to 300,000 p/a a grand per child per year for no real reason. Not til 2015 though when they won't be in power anymore. Still, nice to see them looking after the toffs and ignoring the average no child couple or single men and women who are getting pushed further and further into the margins of poverty.

Bore off its a footie forum not one for you to push your anti-tory crap all the time.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It seems like a good idea to me, in this climate children should be the first to be looked after.

It does seem a good idea, but if you are on £300,00 a year and need a grand for your kids then you need to get your priorities correct!

My partner was made redundant a few years ago and is now retraining. I am supporting her and our 3 year old son on £30,000 a year and no benefits so can't see how people with far greater incomes can struggle so much

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Both Parents need to work in order to qualify.

If both parents want to work whats wrong with that, surely thats better than them not working, rewarding couples who go out to work and support there families.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Have you lot not noticed Nibble's technique yet to brighten up his life?

He lights the blue touch paper and then retreats to watch the display.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

You fail to point out that to get a grand from the government, the parents have to cough up £4,000 so it's scarcely a cash handout.

And it's not generally the childless who are struggling either, it's those with families. When I was single, I used to have two or three foreign holidays a year, go out three or four times a week and go to home and away games; now I go out three or four times a year and have a foreign holiday every two years. I'm not moaning about the situation - I wouldn't swap my kids for anything - but I would be far, far financially better off without them.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So you are saying that because people have worked hard and been successful they deserve nothing?

So everyone with money has 'worked hard' and people who are poor deserve it? Tell that to any nurse or care worker.

I am against child benefit of any kind. The assumption is it benefits children, but does it? How many parents spend it on fags and drink? If you decide to have children you must be prepared for the financial burden that comes with it. I'd rather the money was put into free nurseries, creches, and children's services, such as play schemes, libraries etc, or improving schools and providing more extra-curricular activities, such as summer schools - which at least would take the burden of looking after the kids over the holidays away from parents.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Have you lot not noticed Nibble's technique yet to brighten up his life?

He lights the blue touch paper and then retreats to watch the display.

Not in the least my little conspiracy peanut, I am more than happy to back up any statement I make. It just so happened I had some work to do and head out to Tesco to get a new toothbrush. There really isn't much more to say on the matter, I hate Tories and their agenda.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Not in the least my little conspiracy peanut, I am more than happy to back up any statement I make. It just so happened I had some work to do and head out to Tesco to get a new toothbrush. There really isn't much more to say on the matter, I hate Tories and their agenda.

LOL you are funny.

Think you have the wrong person, my history is vehemently attacking the CTers.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The op is upset his benefits are not more???,

I wish I was on benefits sausage, self employed is not an easy option these days. Is anything? ANyway, I'll take your rather useless contributions as commentary rather than debate and assume that just because you have opened, read, and commented not once but twice on a thread you feel has no place on this forum, you are not in fact interested.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
LOL you are funny.

Think you have the wrong person, my history is vehemently attacking the CTers.

It's more arguing with the ones you disagree with but then you CTists love to rewrite a bit of histoire.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Here we go.

Yeah yeah black is white and white is black, usual drivel from you to make your day more entertaining.

I'm not falling for it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Here we go.

Yeah yeah black is white and white is black, usual drivel from you to make your day more entertaining.

I'm not falling for it.

Ha. Peace and ****ing One Love you little odd 'un.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm childless so I see where you're coming from with regards to being ignored but I think that saying it's for 'toffs' when you state every parent is eligible is a bit misleading.

I'm going to assume you just dislike Tories and ask; if it were another party, would you mention the threshold or instead celebrate that it includes all parents?

Great, when you're both doddery old codgers, who's going to wipe your arse at the nursing home? Society needs people to have children.

It does seem a good idea, but if you are on £300,00 a year and need a grand for your kids then you need to get your priorities correct!

My partner was made redundant a few years ago and is now retraining. I am supporting her and our 3 year old son on £30,000 a year and no benefits so can't see how people with far greater incomes can struggle so much

Are you sure, don't you get child benefit? Still, good luck to you and your partner.

So everyone with money has 'worked hard' and people who are poor deserve it? Tell that to any nurse or care worker.

I am against child benefit of any kind. The assumption is it benefits children, but does it? How many parents spend it on fags and drink? If you decide to have children you must be prepared for the financial burden that comes with it. I'd rather the money was put into free nurseries, creches, and children's services, such as play schemes, libraries etc, or improving schools and providing more extra-curricular activities, such as summer schools - which at least would take the burden of looking after the kids over the holidays away from parents.

You seem to contradict yourself! First you say everyone that has children should be able to afford it but then go on to say that the state should pay for childcare etc!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here