Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticketing Issues (Newport)

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Not sure what is going on at the moment. Only just confirmed I'm able to go tomorrow night so was looking online for a ticket and looks hardly anything available in WSL unless you want to sit down the front. Called the ticket office and got through and got my usual season ticket seat with the guy saying "There's loads of space so you can move more central if you want to"

I can't think why we wouldn't be showing available tickets online, unless there's a bug in the system but must be putting some people off going if they want a group of tickets together.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I'm getting the same problem. Looks like there's very limited availability online.
Guess I'll have to give the ticket office a ring. Annoying.

Did you mention to them that it's showing limited availability online?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've flagged this issue, which replicates what happened for the Villareal game, to the club.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Thanks Bozza. Did they give any indication that they were aware of the problem and might be resolved at any point soon?

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Just rang the ticket office about availability and the guy seemed to skirt around the idea that there was a problem.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I wonder if it some deliberate ploy, not entirely sure why but maybe if people think the game is nearly sold out then they might be more inclined to buy a ticket.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I wonder if it some deliberate ploy, not entirely sure why but maybe if people think the game is nearly sold out then they might be more inclined to buy a ticket.

Maybe. But I bet it's putting more people off because there is only availability in the corners. Just singles or doubles scattered intermittently showign at the minute. Personally I don't want to go through the hassle of calling the ticket office unless i have to!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Interesting. Think it must be a massive 30004 sell out as I've just got the last two tickets ................... in the press box!
Print at home it said but I've got nothing to print but the confirmation. Do I have to take this somewhere?
EDIT
Found them attached to email but it did not tell me.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Well, very few, especially considering that the match is tomorrow.

The ticket site is now showing very good or good availability in all the areas open for sale (basically the same as the pre-season friendlies: N, ESL and WSL).

I spoke to the ticket office today.i asked how many were sold and was told just broken the 8000 mark.They hope to sell another 1000 before kick off.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
looking at the site, loads and loads of seats in the areas open for sale, be surprised if there are more than 300 in the north stand tomorrow.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can only think they are including the 3,000 1901 seats in that, as looking at the seating plan there is no way they have sold 8,000 normal tickets.

I do find it strange that more people would rather go to a friendly than a competitive cup match.

If we play mostly fringe players Newport might be the only ones being competitive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here