Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar expects big season from Ulloa [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Oscar expects big season from Ulloa[/h]9:00am Monday 5th August 2013 in Albion
2572010.jpg
Leo Ulloa appealsl at Leeds
ALBION head coach Oscar Garcia is depending on another big contribution from Leo Ulloa - all over the pitch.
The Argentinian striker spearheaded the Seagulls' Championship promotion challenge under former manager Gus Poyet last season with 11 goals in 21 games.
Ulloa was off the mark just 12 minutes into Oscar's reign in Saturday's controversial 2-1 opening defeat at Leeds United with an emphatic finish at the end of a sweet passing move.
Oscar told The Argus: "I expect that he will help us a lot. Not only scoring goals but helping in defence, helping holding the ball, supporting team-mates. I expect a lot from him.
"It was a very good move for the goal. We made three or four good passes and from the last pass by Bruno he scored a great goal."
Albion will be relying heavily again on Ulloa's finishing prowess. They kept Leeds keeper Paddy Kenny busy at Elland Road and substitute Will Buckley should have scored with a late header before Leeds snatched the points four minutes into injury time through new signing Luke Murphy.
Oscar said: "It's the first game. We will improve for sure. I'm very disappointed with the final score but not with the performance.
"For a lot of the game I think we played better than Leeds. It's not easy to play there, against a big team and with a big crowd. It's not easy to keep the ball and to create chances like we did. "We have to be focused to score goals when we have good chances and other things I will speak to the players about, because we have to learn from the game."
Albion were adamant former Crewe midfielder Murphy used his hand, not chest, to control a knockdown before converting Leeds' last-gasp winner.
Oscar said: "The handball was the final difference. The referee's job is very difficult but when it's handball it's handball. But I can understand he didn't see it."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here