Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luke Murphy

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
scorer of the winner on Saturday, admits in to-day's Times, that he handled the ball in the build-up to his goal. As he's admitted cheating, can the FL take retrospective action against him and chalk off the goal ?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Strip Argentina of the '86 World Cup :lolol:

McDermott usually comes across well in interviews, but his predictable "well, their goal was offside!" stank of Neil Warnock-like bullshit.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Strip Argentina of the '86 World Cup :lolol:

McDermott usually comes across well in interviews, but his predictable "well, their goal was offside!" stank of Neil Warnock-like bullshit.

Agree with this, and a real contrast to OG's interview, in which he was quite gracious about the ref not spotting the handball that cost us the match

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Probably looked offside from the dug out, for no other reason than that Ulloa got in so easily behind their defence and on the end of a low cross/pass.

Dec 29, 2011
Irrespectively of whether it was offside or not, scoring from an offside position is not cheating

Don't be so bitter. You win some, you lose some. I'm sure if one of our lot scored with a handball you'd be trotting out the 'they'd do it against us' line.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Probably looked offside from the dug out, for no other reason than that Ulloa got in so easily behind their defence and on the end of a low cross/pass.
As I said to my son at the time - "so ****ing easy"

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I see McDermott saying our goal was offside, as a admission of guilt. Basically he is drawing attention away from the obvious handball.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Whilst it will make no odds to us, couldn't the FA charge Murphy with bringing the game into disrepute?

Wasn't Beckham charged with something similar after he admitted he'd deliberately been booked in an England game so he'd miss a less important game and get rid of the card hanging over his head?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here