Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter boycott

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have joined this boycott until they can do something about the threats to women
I don't use Facebook anyway

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I used to but don't post on there much anymore , far too many pricks.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I have joined this boycott until they can do something about the threats to women
I don't use Facebook anyway

What threats?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Okay I'm sorry but boycotting twitter over threats is like boycotting letters, its just a way that people can send them, a letter is more disturbing surely?? Twitter isn't the issue here, its the users, people can put their accounts on private and block people.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so after they have announced they will add report option to, there is now a boycott? why wasnt there a boycott years ago, this didnt only start happening this week.

serious question, what do people want twitter to do about threats? and why is this limited to twitter and not every single forum and blog in the interwebs that have suffered the same problem?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A DAY long boycott is probably the most feeble idea I could have imagined. How is that going to make anyone important at Twitter sit up and take notice?

It did make me laugh when they outed one of the twats abusing that MP and it transpires he's a married fat unemployed sad act from Aberdeen. What a loser and indeed waste of skin. :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I had never even looked at twitter untill yesterday when someone on here said look at
Full kit wankers, very funny.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm not going to Boycott Twitter, I prefer to listen to him on TMS

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Okay I'm sorry but boycotting twitter over threats is like boycotting letters, its just a way that people can send them, a letter is more disturbing surely?? Twitter isn't the issue here, its the users, people can put their accounts on private and block people.

I agree. As you said, It's just another outlet for wankers to continue as habit of a lifetime. It makes it easier for people to make threats, but one could do that via the phone, by mail or what-have-you.

However, presumably Twitter aren't equipped to deal with so many reports. Should they be? Do they make money to enable them to do this or would it be a case of closing the door?

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
I agree. As you said, It's just another outlet for wankers to continue as habit of a lifetime. It makes it easier for people to make threats, but one could do that via the phone, by mail or what-have-you.

However, presumably Twitter aren't equipped to deal with so many reports. Should they be? Do they make money to enable them to do this or would it be a case of closing the door?

Well being threatened is a criminal offence, in the same way that if a picture of a burglary takes place, the police take action, not the social network. But anything from twitter can be used but if people feel in danger, they should call the police, not twitter..

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Boycotting twitter for the offensive stuff is like boycotting the high street for the crime rates.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think the problem with twitter/Facebook is people's obsession to have as many followers as they can. They do not know half the people, and most are certainly not real friends. Then when you write something that is totally boring to anyone but you,or say something that maybe not all your followers agree with. You are going to invite trouble. Twitter and Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with family and friends who leave near or far away. It's when you have opinion that it can become nasty. It's a breeding ground for trolls to be faceless cowards and hide behind keyboards. I wonder if Internet companies could do more to name and shame these people?

Last edited:

I don't think it was the greatest idea, as the trolls will just be congratulating themselves for driving even more women off twitter. But fair play for at least trying something as what to do aint obvious

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sticks and stones will break my bones but tweets will never harm me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here