Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear spain

Dear spain,

I have just cancelled my holiday to you, I refuse to spend my hard earned money in a country that has decided to tax 50 Euros to cross the border from spain to Gibraltar.

I will not spend my money in a country who has decided to ban all flights over spanish airspace to Gibraltar.

I hope everyone who can, without losing money themselves, will do the same.

Your economy is reliant upon holidaymakers, a huge proportion of these holidaymakers are British.

Yours hoping you suffer badly,

Hillian

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Not really in the know about this saga. Do Spain have any actual claim to the land that isn't based purely on geographical proximity? It looks entirely British over there from photos.

Dandyman

In London village.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
.....and the UK makes people pay a council tax.....and bedroom tax........pot kettle.

it's a bit skegness belonging to Luxumburg....i am sure English people would not be happy with that.

much of the spanish coast is ruined by English people (west of Malaga, South of Alicante) - so fair play to Spain for taxing 'the fat fryup eating sun reading beer swilling coronation street watching tax evaders' that seem to inhabit Gibralter.

Dandyman

In London village.
.....and the UK makes people pay a council tax.....and bedroom tax........pot kettle.

it's a bit skegness belonging to Luxumburg....i am sure English people would not be happy with that.

much of the spanish coast is ruined by English people (west of Malaga, South of Alicante) - so fair play to Spain for taxing 'the fat fryup eating sun reading beer swilling coronation street watching tax evaders' that seem to inhabit Gibralter.

Or possibly the Partido Popular (former fascists) currently in government in Spain are trying to whip up a nationalist diversion from the parlous state of the economy. Wonder where they picked up that idea ?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Minimum of £2m assets for Gibraltar residency I think. They can probably afford the £43 from the tax they aren't paying.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Dear spain,

I have just cancelled my holiday to you, I refuse to spend my hard earned money in a country that has decided to tax 50 Euros to cross the border from spain to Gibraltar.

I will not spend my money in a country who has decided to ban all flights over spanish airspace to Gibraltar.

I hope everyone who can, without losing money themselves, will do the same.

Your economy is reliant upon holidaymakers, a huge proportion of these holidaymakers are British.

Yours hoping you suffer badly,

Hillian

Deer Meester Hillian,
We not care you no come here, jou can pees off to greez, eet no problem.
We got lot of work to do so go for siesta now, then we get up and get load of pesetas off our friends the Germans.
Amor
Espana

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

You've never been to Skegness, have you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here