Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The great Norman Hunter

Owen2002

Jun 25, 2012
Sussex
I was lucky enough to speak to him after the game yesterday, he thinks over the last 2 games v Brighton, Brighton are on course for success, a very talented side with match winning players. He see's a top 6 finish again this season..... This was before I told him I was a Brighton season ticket holder !!!! He was a true gentleman, A Legend. Good things to come again this season then, as I was not going to argue with a man like that

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Did he cheekily scythe you down the moment you walked away from him? I do hope he hasn't lost his touch.

Owen2002

Jun 25, 2012
Sussex
I thought top 2 as well!!!! But he may be getting on a bit but he still looked like he could handle him self.

Owen2002

Jun 25, 2012
Sussex
He wanted too, but getting on a bit now heating aids and proberly some faulse teeth BUT still looked well hard

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We used to have a cat called Norman ( well, that was his nickname anyway). When people said why do you call it Norman, the answer was "because he bites your legs".

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So much for his 'Bite Yer Legs' reputation. The chap tackled like a wet lettuce against Grzegorz Lato.

Hence Poland's goal which cost England their place in the 1974 World Cup.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
So much for his 'Bite Yer Legs' reputation. The chap tackled like a wet lettuce against Grzegorz Lato.

Hence Poland's goal which cost England their place in the 1974 World Cup.

Yes, but Lato was a fantastic player. I won £8 quid on Poland that year when they finished 3rd in the world cup.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes, but Lato was a fantastic player. I won £8 quid on Poland that year when they finished 3rd in the world cup.

The Poles were certainly no mugs, and made him look like one. And Shilton too. Well done on your bet. Was your bet that the Poles would reach the 2nd Round group stages or as precise as saying that they'd finish 3rd?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I met him a few years ago along with peter "king of Stamford bridge" osgood, they really made an effort to come round the tables and speak to us all, have pictures taken etc. Wonderful characters with great stories.

A week later Ossie dropped dead at Slough crem of all places, such is the effect I have on people :(

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
The Poles were certainly no mugs, and made him look like one. And Shilton too. Well done on your bet. Was your bet that the Poles would reach the 2nd Round group stages or as precise as saying that they'd finish 3rd?

I have never been a gambler but that year I just had a real fancy for Poland to do well. So I had a quid on them to finish in the final 3, bit like an each way bet on the gee gees. And £8 in those days was the equivalent of a week's wages.
They had some terrific players back then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here