Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet threatens court action against Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Breaking news Poyet threatens court action against Albion[/h] 12:45pm Sunday 4th August 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2571830.jpg
Gus Poyet
Gus Poyet has threatened to take Albion to court over his sacking for gross misconduct.
Guesting on Sky's Goals On Sunday this morning, Poyet said: "Unfortunately this will go to court probably, because I totally disagree with the accusation.
"I will take the action, because I think it's important for me. When you listen to a word like gross misconduct it sounds bad, but I can't tell you there is nothing bad.
"It's something you need to put in there to make an action or a decision or comment bigger to have an option to sack someone, simple as that. I am quite confident and relaxed, it's nothing bad. It's just a decision that for some reason the club took.
"I know the allegations, but I think we'll go to court. I hope so, because it's the best way for the truth to come out.
Reacting to chairman Tony Bloom saying*Poyet told him in March wanted to leave, the former Albion manager added "It's very interesting. Tony Bloom needs to get over me. If it's true what he is saying, he is talking about before the Crystal Palace game (March 17). A week later I had an opportunity to leave for a Premiership club (Reading).
"Everyone was agreed. Tony Bloom gave me permission to talk to the club. They made me an unbelievable offer, very difficult to refuse, and I was loyal and decided to stay.
"So how can you explain that somebody says to you he wants to leave and a week later he has got the chance to go to a Premiership club with a better deal, with a better project and he stays? It's not common sense, that's for sure."
So you didn't ask to leave? "We've got a problem. Like I said to you, court. In court the truth is coming out. For me it's very easy. I've got no regrets, I've been myself all the time."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here